Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M47 BSA No4 MKI $120

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M47 BSA No4 MKI $120
    Posted: March 15 2009 at 11:50pm
Went to an auction Saturday and picked up a nice 1943 M47 marked No4 MKI Enfield. Bolt,receiver and forestock match. Not inport marked and not FTR'd. Very nice 5 groove bore. Barrel also dated 1943. Bolt head is a 0.

Only a few slight issues, rear sight is a Savage MKI micrometer but has the battle peep milled off, so it is a No4T Savage MKI micrometer rear sight. Magazine was a No1 MKIII that fit the rifle perfectly and no work was done to make the mag fit. Well I have spare No4 mags so I will replace it once I get the rifle back together, I pulled it down to check it out.

Also picked up a matching Type 99 Jap rifle, mum scratched over but not bad mostly there about 70% I would say. Fine chrome lined bore. It is a series 37 Toyo Juki Kogyo arsenal. Came with an M1 carbine c-tip sling. Not a bad day. That was also a very good deal.
oldbikewrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 12:20am
Yes indeed that was a good day. The Type 38 and 99 are on my list of rifles to get some day.
Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
Pathfinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 9:38pm
Man, I need to go to some auctions with you!Shocked
Enfield trader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 12:22am
There is a big auctin at the end of this month - not sure about Enfields but 40+ Type 99 rifles Tongue
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 1:40am
excelent buy
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 7:40am
I have a 4th series Nagoya. It'll consistently nail the bull dead center if I do my part. It's an excellent shooter and utility rifle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 8:12am

While checking it over tonight found some odd markings, two on the receiver and the same on the trigger guard but backwards from the ones on the receiver.

thresher_593 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thresher_593 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 9:26am
If anybody ever happens upon a decent Type 99 stock, I need one. I have a barreled action and a lot of the parts from a rifle I bought at a garage sale. The stock had been Bubbaed and it is missing some of the furniture. I bought it as a wall hanger but after I cleaned the barrel out (it had a mud dauber's nest in it) I decided it might be salvageable. I just haven't been able to find a stock.
Hiding out in the Northwest corner of Southeast Ohio
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 10:02am
Good luck Thresher_593 I hope you find one.. check Numrich out and see if they can help....
When the sales man came out for my security system He gave me a Jap rifle in return to hunt on my property. He never came back and I cant find His No#
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
John Coleman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 11:14am
Are those "R" stamps for "arsenal reconditioned". Maybe in a country other than the UK since it's not "FTR" and dated.

Originally posted by Enfield trader Enfield trader wrote:

While checking it over tonight found some odd markings, two on the receiver and the same on the trigger guard but backwards from the ones on the receiver.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2009 at 11:38am
I had thought that at first but the  loop in the R's do not make a complete loop. I looked at then under a mag lens.
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2009 at 7:32am
Numrich has some decent new-manufactured parts. I don't know about the stocks but I bought some other parts and they fit perfectly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2009 at 7:56pm
I have all the parts needed except a matching butt stock ..... :(
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2009 at 12:41pm

Not too sure what the R is, maybe a sale mark?

ENGLAND is an export stamp.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic