Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Santa Fe Division of Golden State Arms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Santa Fe Division of Golden State Arms
    Posted: January 23 2010 at 6:11am
Well after a bit of searching I finally have my very own Golden State Arms Model 1941 Supreme.
I picked it up for close to $150.00. I have it on the table and in the process of a good/complete cleaning.
Yep, ever since I seen and shot my father-in-laws 1941 Supreme I knew I wanted one.

Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 9:33am
while i dont seek these out i know there is a growing segmnt of the collecting society that do , i trust you will be happy with it , let us know how she performs for you
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 3:37am
I've always been more interested in the mechanical aspects of the various action types of manually operated rifles than details that are of greatest interest to those who build up milsurp collections, so sporter versions of milsurp actions have their own attractions.
The Enfields were the basis for a great many fine sporting rifles from their begining.

Factory modified, or built from the basic action up as sporters, are of course more interesting than home done sporters, but even a home made sporter can be attractive if well done.

In some cases like the Bannerman Springfield/Krags and Enfield/Springfield rifles and the Sedgley Springfield sporters , they took parts that were otherwise headed to the smelter or the furnace, and using surplused machinery managed to build some decent rifles a shooter could afford.

I'd like to see an affordable new production modern repro of the No.5 jungle carbine, but even at collector prices a very good condition original will usually cost less than a repro could be made to sell for.

Stan in SC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan in SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 10:35pm

Santa Fe Division of Golden State Arms had 11 different Enfield models according to the late Skip Stratton.They ranged upward in finish (and price) from lightly modified to full redo status.The 1941 Supreme model was the pinnacle of their models.The only remaining part of the original Enfield was the action and it was "slicked up".The barrels are reputed to be Douglas and are heavier than original military ones.The sights are Parker Hale(and so marked).The walnut stock is supposed to be by Bishop.

They are excellent shooting rifles either for hunting or range use.I have the same rifle which oldbikewrench acquired.

Stan in SC

The more I liste,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70....it's almost a religion.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2010 at 10:26am
I had a nice one traded it to White Rhino
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2010 at 10:32am
thanks stan , i didnt know any of that , i live to learn something new every day and i hope its something valuable , since this relates to my collecting area of interest im very happy with todays edification ,

i also find the sporters interesting because of [a flaw in my character ?] my interest in things mechanical as well as the reasoning behind their development and acceptance , the enfield is a classic as is the mauser types , a good basis for a sporting rifle
Tailgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tailgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:52pm

"If you can defeat the enemy within, the enemy without can do you no harm."
Tailgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tailgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 1:04pm
Sorry, this is my first post on this forum, and I should have posted text first.  Anyway, this is a Golden State Arms Enfield that they remade from a 1943,  #4.  This gun has no import marks because it was remade about 50 years ago, or more, probably in the 1950s.  Last Friday, I bought this gun in a garage sale for 100 dollars.  It came with a 5 round magazine that looks really nice, like the original 10 rounder in form and fit.  I have a 10 round magazine also.  The gun is at least NRA VG, even better.  Everything is pristine except for a couple of rust spots on the butt plate.  I fixed that.  It was not intended to be a fake; because Golden State stamped their name on the barrel just for ward of the hand guard.   It's identified as a remake.   
"If you can defeat the enemy within, the enemy without can do you no harm."
vegas303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegas303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 11:16pm
I just got one,hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2016 at 7:41pm
thats a handsome example of what is being discussed 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic