Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Competitions Section

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Competitions Section
    Posted: June 17 2010 at 12:51pm
How about a Competitions section
We could post match notices and maybe have a postal match every now and then
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
sabretech2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabretech2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2010 at 5:44pm
Postal Matches!

Who will win the Golden Hoadie Trophy?

FYI: the "Golden Hoadie" is a gold-plated 55 gal drum full of the winner's choice of brew.
No4 MkI*, Savage 1943,
FTR (F) 1954 Mk1/3
No4 Mk2 ROF(F) 5/50
No2A1 RFI 1966
DRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 5:43am
I'm up for a 'postal' competition.  We could post photographs of our entries for all to see. Obviously, there would have to be an element of trust.

What range would this be held over?
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 8:26am
"the "Golden Hoadie" is a gold-plated 55 gal drum full of the winner's choice of brew."

2 thoughts.
# one, thank God for that.................(I had a different image of what a "Golden Hoadie" might consist of!Nuke)

#2 I'm in.Thumbs Up
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 10:30am
How about  a Vintage military Rifle  A course  They can be shot at either 100 or 200 yards on the SR-1 or SR Target respectively.   after a respectable amount of sighters  (5)
you shoot ten prone in ten min
then ten prone in 80 seconds five and a reload of 5
then ten offhand in ten min
alternately
we could just shoot ten prone
Have a Nice Day
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 1:54pm
I think I can arrange this, excellent idea.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 3:50am
Who will win the Golden Hoadie Trophy?

THATS THE BOOBY PRIZE!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 4:30am
Last time we tried a postal shoot on here there was an issue with everyone getting the exact same targets.

How about standardizing on one of the on-line click & print targets that are offered on the 'net?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 6:14am
That will work Shamu
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 6:26am
Well as for Trust ... How Many of us can visit at least one other Member ????  I know Cookie can come down to My house ..along with Cotton Mouth and Rambler Reb ...Speaking of Rambler Reb ..I still have a pistol in My shop for Him He needs to come get ....
Any how if any of Us could get together like that we could witness each others shots.... So What do Y'all think of that ???
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 6:40am
I feel all our members can all be trusted and would be honest with their scores, well with one exception our resident gnome. Rhino you know who I'm making reference too. 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 1:31am
OK guys 'n gals here are some free click 'n print target sites.
Kind of handy whether or not we get the shoot organized so enjoy.
They vary from the ultra serious to the whimsical so poke round & have fun.

www.targetz.com

www.mytargets.com

www.protargets.com/targets/index2.htm

http://www.gamecalls.net/free_stuff/...e_targets.html

www.reloadbench.com/main.html

http://www.midwayusa.com/static.exe/...homepage118008

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 2:21pm
Only issue I see with down loaded targets is the range would have to be short  or you have guess for the outer score ring.  A NRA 100 yard small bore has a 8" black bull and the SR-1 100 yard large bore has a 6.25 inch bull.  Ofcourse with our level of marksmanship that may not be a problem.
Have a Nice Day
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 11:49pm
Ok lets make our own target, post on here and down load and print off has needed?
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2010 at 12:55am
If you browse around on those sights a bit there are a few targets for longer range that print on more than one sheet of 8 1/2X11 paper if that was the concern. That was done to allow printing of bigger targets on letter sized only printers.

Personally I don't have an issue with shooting single sheet targets prone, but if we go for position shooting then I can see the point of a bigger target.
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2010 at 3:16am
Well what you do is paste a small bull and messure who gets the smallest groupings?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic