Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off to see the wizard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 31>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 10:52am
Originally posted by paddyofurniture paddyofurniture wrote:

Just bring a book, lay back and read outdoors.

Works every time with deer.

They want to see what you are reading!

I usually find the buggers pop out just as I unscrew the thermos and pour a coffee.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 12:59pm
...or like the first time I was hunting...Just got nice & comfy doing a "hunch & grind". I looked up & he was standing there watching me!! I was in "mid dump" & te rifle was 5 ft away!! (Rotten buggers!)
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 4:16pm
I can't even tell my "Deer hunting in Surrey" tale its just too embarrassing.
Suffice to say the borrowed 12 bore Purdey, never fired a shot (except one into a sand pile to test) & a John Tickle moto-cross boot is 100% lethal to a Siki deer from a 3rd floor bedroom window.
Sick
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 6:59pm
LOL!!  I killed a couples after thinking I ruined the hunt with a nature call !!  and I mean this was a drop the skeeters out the air one !!! he!! with the 1916 and no mag !!! I got a doe after the call !!!LOL!!!  She looked like she was trying to catch her breath and get to better smelling air !!!!  
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2016 at 9:28pm
i just had to drive to work - she just jumped right out into the front of my truck , kinda like a kiss with reciprocation , it did her in and cost me a bundle  , most expensive deer of my lifetime , 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2016 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

i just had to drive to work - she just jumped right out into the front of my truck , kinda like a kiss with reciprocation , it did her in and cost me a bundle  , most expensive deer of my lifetime , 

My Son hit one taking his Girl Friend to work one morning, He slowed due to some does running towared him, then started to speed up and the last one came up, he hit it at around 15 to 20 MPH , it went into the ditch kicking around, the guy coming up going squirrel hunting handed him his 22 pistol to put her out her misery ! only thing messed up was his front License plate ! She had 2 ribs broke and one was into her heart !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2016 at 9:03pm
well - truck is in the shop now - they spotted the ding in the windsheild and that will get fixed as well , i had not thought to fix it till it spidered more , but what the heck ? it needed cleaning on the inside really bad .................

im driving the wifes jeep ...better than the motorhome she is driving i guess , but now i know why i moved back to the full size SUV , i hate getting in and out of that cramped thing , is spunky with the V8 but forgot how fast it goes through gas as well , i will be happy to get my truck back to say the least , 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

...or like the first time I was hunting...Just got nice & comfy doing a "hunch & grind". I looked up & he was standing there watching me!! I was in "mid dump" & te rifle was 5 ft away!! (Rotten buggers!)

Thats why I always carry a pistol when I Deer Hunt !!!   so now Im thinking , what Pistol should I bring up there for the hunt Hoadie ????  Im thinking the .357 !!!
"White Rhino"

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 6:39pm
By all means..bring it (But first - get a taxi 2 take U from the Airport to here..cuz I'll need my truck to come visit you in H.M.Prison)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 7:17pm
can you cross the north boarder with a handgun ? i agree one is needed for that certain instance that is certain to occur when you least expect it 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 7:27pm
All I know is in Canada no hand guns are allowed anywhere except where you safely store them and travel to and from a gun range or gunsmith. No hand guns (or restricted firearms) allowed in the bush. With the proper permit you can carry a hand gun in the bush but you have to possess a trap line license or a job where your safety is in danger like a geologist way up in polar bear country, but again its all permits. I also know that with the proper paper work, I can travel with my hand gun from southern British Columbia all the way to the Alaska border for hunting purposes IN Alaska. Rhino, if I were you I would just leave the hand gun at home on your northern trip. Lots of Americans try to cross the Canadian border with hand guns in their car or on their person and boy-howdy do they get crap from the border guards! Most of them turn around and head back to the USA rather than have their restricted firearms impounded. I wish I could carry my restricted firearms in the bush, I mean why is it that I have a hunting license, pay my dues each year and hunt responsibly with the proper animal tags, etc., yet I can't carry a side arm? It's just stupid as far as I am concerned. If we get caught with restricted guns outside of the legal parameters a huge fine and possible jail time is what we face and a 10 year ban on owning firearms, period. We lose the truck we were riding in, lose all the guns too. It's not worth it. These laws will probably never change up here.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 11:31pm
Wow! I didn't know it was that restrictive on hand guns up there! Thanks, Canuck!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2016 at 4:04am
..you have to have a permit that allows you to travel to &/or from range etc. during certain hours.
Handgun must have proper/approved container for transport.

Canuck; Do you get clearance from U.s ATFB prior to crossing to Alaska?
I found out from my ATFB contact that although they can "approve" you & issue permit..Border can refuse your entry & / or sieze the weapon if they desire.(For no reason..they don't have to explain) Border has the last word. Fortunatley I haven't had that problem so far.

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 7:03am
Hoadie, I was yanking your chain about bringing a pistol .....
"White Rhino"

paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 7:37am
You are just crazy White Rhino!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 8:33am
We have a bear suit for him to wear to keep warm on the hunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 31>
  Share Topic