Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jungle Carbine Parts Diagram etc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bearclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jungle Carbine Parts Diagram etc
    Posted: September 06 2010 at 1:54pm
G'day all, been searching high and low over the internet trying to find plans/Diagrams/parts list/Measurements etc.
Not had any luck but that is probably my puter skills. Can anyone direct me.

Regards,

Bearclaw
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 6:44pm
Im not aware of any plans for the No5. What was it you wanted to know?
Bearclaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bearclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 8:09pm

Basically any indepth information. Schematics, Parts lists and measurements. Why? I have been given a butchered No4 Mk1 with a .308 barrel. Stock is a throw-away. So instead of mucking around with an orginal No5 I would construct one. I know it is wrong in many eyes, but this was destined for the scrap metal bin anyway nothing matches up. I want to build it to close to spec's.Also I have another No4 coming my way that I want to restore.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 11:50am
try skennertons SAIS #4 , or strattons volume no2 'british enfeild rifles' , both inexpensive

or 'the lee enfield story' for a more costly bible of the rifle
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 9:05am
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Bearclaw Bearclaw wrote:

Basically any indepth information. Schematics, Parts lists and measurements. Why? I have been given a butchered No4 Mk1 with a .308 barrel. Stock is a throw-away. So instead of mucking around with an orginal No5 I would construct one. I know it is wrong in many eyes, but this was destined for the scrap metal bin anyway nothing matches up. I want to build it to close to spec's.Also I have another No4 coming my way that I want to restore.

You should probably check out photos of the No.4 conversions before deciding on using this rifle for your project.

Many conversions have no bayonet lugs so the lack of lugs is not a sign that the barrel has been cut down. Also some target versions have fore ends that can be mistaken for a sporterized no.4 fore end.

If the barrel is not full length then you probably aren't sacrificing a restorable No.4 conversion rifle so the carbine idea sounds good to go.

Remember that unless proofed for modern .308 loads its best to stick to ammo that generates no more than 48,000 CUP or 51,000 PSI, the equal of M-80 Ball ammunition.

PS
Commercial 7.62 conversions should bear markings of the company that did the work, but conversion kits were available here in the 90's so some rifles may have been converted by unqualified craftsmen.
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 5:04pm
If it has been proofed, it will have a circular stamp with the letters CAS on the left hand side of the action about where the charger bridge is.
This is the stamp that is applied at Lithgow.
Rifles without this stamp could not be used in official competitions.
Bearclaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bearclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 5:20pm
Thanks guys,
I have just got the orginal barrel dropped off to me today from when it was sportised, 303/25 heaps of grease to clean off. but holiday first.

Myles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic