Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7.62 Enfield

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2011 at 3:56pm
It would probably be a good idea to slug the bore of the rifle in the thread starter.
If the barrel is one manufactured for match shooting the bore might be one of those cut undersized, with bores of .307 and even .306 having been used by match shooters to compensate for undersized military bullets.
Use of undersized bores was the main reason the NRA UK required re proofing of converted No.4 rifles if used at Bisley and firing the NRA supplied long range matchgrade ammunition.

A too tight chamber neck, also common with the replacement barrels is even more likely to raise chamber pressures beyong CIP recommended maximums for the .308.
Radway green and the Birmingham Proof house ran extensive testing on undersized bores and chambers before making their decision.
Story View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Story Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 1:21am
Anyone care to share how their 7.62 ejectors are set up? I've got a conversion that kicks out the empties in an incredibly lazy manner.
I've read where the Sterling conversion used a spring-loaded ejector - anyone have pics of that?
Story View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Story Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 2:31am
Can anyone post photos of their 7.62 NATO ejectors? I've got a conversion that's 'lazy', at best. I've read that the Sterling style conversion had a spring-loaded ejector.
maxwell smart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwell smart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2012 at 11:20am
What sort of 7.62 magazine are you using?

Is your extractor spring in good order?
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2012 at 1:21pm
"...The can is an ASE Ultra Suppressor.  The UK is a fairly crowded island and a suppressor saves scaring the taxpayers too much.  http://aseutra.fi/english/index.html..."

now there is a modicum of sensibility that our government has yet to show in spite of our constitutional rights , good on you for having sopmething that leaves the neighbors at peace when you choose to practice .....wonder when we will catch on to this aspect of "good neighbors" instead of 'communism' Ouch 
Longshaor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longshaor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2012 at 11:56am

Story,

There are 2 distinct variations of 'ejectors' on 7.62mm Enfields.  RSAF Enfield used a hardened steel plate welded to the upper left rear corner of the magazine, that's it.  My DSRA Enfield uses this and I've never had a problem with ejection.

Stirling went a different path using (IIRC) a plunger tensioned by a spring screwed externally to the receiver using the old .303 ejector screw.

Hope that helps.
Buggadifino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buggadifino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2012 at 10:38pm
Apologies for not posting for a while, I have been serving on Ascension Island for 6 of the last 12 months leaving little time for much else.  Anyway I managed to get out and re-zero my rifle as shown below, the group is, in fact, point of impact/point of aim as I had been using some privi partisan hardball to get a rough zero and then switched to Norma 150 grain ballistic tips to check  This is more than good enough for my stalking grounds where 100m shots are common.

Rubbish photo I'm afraid but the group is round about 3/4 inch at 6 o'clock (not 3 as I photgraphed it)

THen manged to get out deer stalking this morning and took this young Roe Buck, not much of an animal to be honest but a good cull animal.  Anything better will not be taken until after the rut (rut goes from late Jul until end Aug)

You may notice that I have added a butt cuff to my rifle, it is just to hold an awful lot of foam rubber in place giving me a good cheek weld rather than the chin weld previously.  I will come up with a more elegant solution eventually.

Regards,

Andy
303Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 4:42pm
In the last outpost of the British Empire, suppressors are freely available but not compulsory.  Muzzle breaks are frowned upon, mostly by those standing next to them!  I'm busy designing and building one for myself.
303Guy
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 12:45am
do post photos one day , it sounds an interesting project
yoeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 4:17am
any idea where to order in europe (belgium)
Fultons no-gunsmithing mount

in need for a low mount to, the rifle in question has a safn echo mount on know , but the scope in it isn't good at all.
si vis pacem parabelum
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 5:19am
Originally posted by yoeri yoeri wrote:

any idea where to order in europe (belgium)
Fultons no-gunsmithing mount
I'm in the U.S. Not Belgium, but I just called them by tyelephonbe & ordered one that way. I think I scared tyhe heck out of the guy who answered the phone as he kept yelling for people to shutup as he was talking to Maryland in AmereicaLOL.

They have an e-mail address as well:

G.E. Fulton & Son
Bisley Camp
Brookwood

Woking

Surrey

England

GU24 0NZ

+44 (0)1483 473204              +44 (0)1483 473204      
+44 (0)1483 475011              +44 (0)1483 475011      

If that doesn't work try this link for the e-mail.

I sent an e-mail to them asking if they have a Belgian agent or dealer we'll see what the reply is.
Chaz.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
yoeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2012 at 12:38am
@shamu:
tnx

i did find a company in the usa when i searched with google :)
the uk is a lot closer indeed.

"I think I scared tyhe heck out of the guy who answered the phone as he kept yelling for people to shutup as he was talking to Maryland in AmereicaLOL."

he must have thought :that must be an important person , calling from the states :)

si vis pacem parabelum
yoeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2012 at 1:07am
this is the link i found :)
http://www.fulton-armory.com/scopemountw1-inrings.aspx

did visit the uk site , but no mounts on their site?

btw was at a army dumpstore today and found a enfield nr7.
didn't take it home because it was deactivated.
magazine empty ,hole in the chamber and the bolt welded in the open position.
si vis pacem parabelum
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2012 at 3:27am
That link takes me to a sale for an M1-Garand rifle, a totally different setup. I don't think there is any actual connection between the companies. A lot of companies in the U.SA. like to have similar sounding names to European ones. Gibbs Rifle Co. for example.

I looked on the site & didn't find one either, but they are a mom & pop local specialty shop, not primarily a mail-order store so they may have them & not advertise them. Try sending an e-mail to enquire, that will probably have "the boy" (who'se probably 70+ years oldConfused) scurying into the basement looking for one to sell you.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2012 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

That link takes me to a sale for an M1-Garand rifle, a totally different setup. I don't think there is any actual connection between the companies. A lot of companies in the U.SA. like to have similar sounding names to European ones. Gibbs Rifle Co. for example.

I looked on the site & didn't find one either, but they are a mom & pop local specialty shop, not primarily a mail-order store so they may have them & not advertise them. Try sending an e-mail to enquire, that will probably have "the boy" (who'se probably 70+ years oldConfused) scurying into the basement looking for one to sell you.

Gibbs Rifle Company
Purchased Parker Hale, and used those facilities in creating their line of Enfield based rifles.
John Sukey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Sukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2012 at 3:26am
I'm just happy with my L42A1.  AND my L39A1
Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic