Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

used barrel No 1 Mk III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: used barrel No 1 Mk III
    Posted: July 05 2013 at 5:02am
What is a good used barrel No 1 Mk III with rear and front site bases worth?

I was offered one but at $65.00 it is a little rich for me, I think.

Ed
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 5:45am
I'd say $65 is about right for a good useable barrel with both sights.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 6:31am
I will see if he / she will negotiate on the price.

Thanks Canuck!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 6:36am
Any indications on the condition of the bores Paddy? As a comparison, well maybe not a fair comparison but a couple years ago I bought 3 #4 barrels with front sights. The bores were excellent, shiny with deep 2 grooves for $75 each plus shipping from a Canadian address. 2 of them are Longbranch's and one is a Maltby.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 8:16am
It had a nice bore when I check by just holding it up to the inside store light.

I will bring a bore light when I go back.
muffett.2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 5:58pm
Grab it, I would pay up to $250 over here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 10:02pm
Wow!

I take it you can not import barrels?
muffett.2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 6:19pm
Getting them in is ok with a bit of paperwork, getting them out from there is a big no.
 While there are a fair few around, the buggers that own them know how to milk the best price.
 It's almost cheaper to have a new one made.......except it's not quite the same.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 10:27pm
I guess it comes down to the old rule of supply and demand.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 11:32pm
I just heard a rumor that Lithgow is making a run of No1 barrels.Lamp
They may even be making some new No1 rifles, if the information is right.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 11:57pm
That would be cool for our Mates from downunda but I do not know if we will see any finished product on this side of the pond.

I wish we would.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2013 at 1:34am
I'll bet not. They're probably defined as assault weapon evile death-killer thingies.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2013 at 2:40am
Rats, rats, big ugly furry rats (My Grandfather favorite curse)! Just my luck.

I bet you Hoadie can get them but we can not.

LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 1:08pm
India still manufactures sporting rifles based on the SMLE action, but in an odd ball 8mm chambering.
Be nice if they produced a copy of the old BSA sporting rifles for export.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 9:09pm
I did buy the barrel, for $35 OTD.
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2013 at 9:31pm
I also heard the rumour about the barrels but haven't heard anything concrete.
Don't know anything about no1's, I wouldn't think they would make them again but they are going to manufacture a range of sporting rifles, both rim fire and centre fire.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic