Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No. 4 Mk. 1 T?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 12:35am
OK , that makes sense , i knew it was a multi-step process and that not all rifles selected for "T" status were actually made into "Ts" , some were fited with mounts and never graduated to full status 
6pack View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6pack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2014 at 3:53am
So I picked up a cheek rest from eBay.  There is one guy on there always selling the repros, this was not from him.  The seller could not provide any info on it.  Any chance it's original?  According to an earlier post in this thread, the screws don't seem original.  It certainly doesn't look used, but could it be new old stock?

Eggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2014 at 7:38am
Im the guy who does the E Bay repros and that isn't one of mine. It looks like pine or some other softwood mine are best English Walnut, also the screws are wrong they shouldn't be domed. The originals were either Walnut/Beech or rarely Oak
Devout Yorkshireman
6pack View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6pack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2014 at 7:48am
Okay, thanks for the info.  I bid on several of yours over the last few months but never won one.  :)

The guy that sold it said he got it from someone in his gun club and it's been sitting in his tool box for several years.  He couldn't offer any details about it.  Is the shape correct?
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2014 at 11:40am
shape looks to be pretty close if not correct , did you buy it ? 
6pack View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6pack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2014 at 8:17am
Yes, I bought it; have it sitting next to me.  I haven't put it on the rifle yet.  I can see me doing that and then someone will post that it is a super rare, held by Winston Churchill, proto-type that is worth a ton like it is but nothing if installed.  LOL  So, just to be safe, I thought I'd wait a few days to hear what the experts say.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2014 at 8:19am
Best to err on the side of caution.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2014 at 12:40pm
i agree , i was hoping for other observations on that piece before you put it on , i hate to see you bugger your stock with something you will regret , besides that one looks very rough and may actually detract even if it was correct in style and size 
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2014 at 10:49pm
Rifle looks OK so if the bolt mates enjoy.

........MJ..........

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 2:49am
now i remember why there are no telescopes laying about , nice   :>}
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 3:19am
Uh wot?

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 3:55am
That's a very nice collection. I assume that you have been collecting for some time! our maybe you just know where to look! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Zed.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
jessehh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessehh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 9:03am

ie the cheek rest. I got the original drawings off the interwebs and made one. After getting the basic shape down and mounting it, I then shpaed it to fit my hold and cheek. The only thing I wish I would have done differently would be to have stained it darker to match the stock better. It was used on an Ishipore FTR rifle that shoots nicely and will be used for a deer hunting rifle. I wanted to go the full sniper rifle route but went the no drill scope mount route to save money to fund future Enfields.

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 12:23pm
good for you , glad its working out , good luck deer hunting , 

MJ your scopes have a lot of "T" owners drooling 
jessehh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessehh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2014 at 1:15am
Still kicking myself for passing up a No4 T back in the 90's some time. I think he wanted $300 minus the scope. I had come to the show to pick up a Garand. I bought the Garand and was walking out when I saw the T.
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2014 at 11:55am

MJ your scopes have a lot of "T" owners drooling 
[/QUOTE]

As long as they are not playing with high voltage at the same time I will say thank you. ;)

...MJ...

www.tamarindojack.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic