Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebarelling to 303-35

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.R.Buchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 3:00pm
Shamu: I've done a considerable amount of Spray Painting in my life and Cera-Kote is one of, if not the, easiest paints to apply I have used. The prep is kind of a pain but doable if you are careful.  If you touch the prepped surface before it gets the paint the paint bubbles and you get to start over.

I used a Harbor Freight Gravity touch up gun to apply.  The kicker is you have to make sure there is no chunks in the paint. That means straining it twice.

If you've got the mix right, which isn't hard, the paint goes off just like it's supposed to and like I said before, It's on there!

I've had the materials to make my Oven for a year now and it is a 3 foot long piece of 12" Fiberglass Pipe Insulation which will be split in half so that it opens like a BBQ.. I haven't had the time to get back into that project because I have been working on my Jeep Project trying to get it drive-able.

I'll get to it sooner or later.

Randy
It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 3:04pm
Hey you're a man with a plan!Thumbs Up
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic