Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not as bad as Shamu's day but....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not as bad as Shamu's day but....
    Posted: April 14 2014 at 8:04am
I got the my newly barreled 1903a3 back from the gunsmith and he charged me $50 less than the estimate. The barrel dropped right in no tweeking, so far so good. I then tried it in the brand new  "Some fitting may be required" stock I bought.  I was (I thought) lightly pressing down to mark where I might have to remove some wood and CRACK!. I debated repairing it, but it was right where the recoil lug rests and up one side and decided against it.   If you count the money I saved on the gunsmith I'm out only $140. 
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 8:21am
sorry to hear that , but could it be a flaw in the stock ? should not have happened me thinks 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 9:37pm
Time to break out the gorilla glue. It works great for me.

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 10:40pm
At any other spot on the stock I would have
Have a Nice Day

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:20am
You are right.

Originally posted by SW28fan SW28fan wrote:

At any other spot on the stock I would have
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:38am
To make matter worse or comical in my parts set they mistakenly gave me a M1922 front sight instead of a 1903/1903a3 front sight and base.  I will try to keep my sarcasism within reason. We don't want their customer service people needing therapy.
Have a Nice Day

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 9:15pm
Just to do their job would be nice.

Originally posted by SW28fan SW28fan wrote:

To make matter worse or comical in my parts set they mistakenly gave me a M1922 front sight instead of a 1903/1903a3 front sight and base.  I will try to keep my sarcasism within reason. We don't want their customer service people needing therapy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic