Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Ishapore Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

evening shoot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: evening shoot
    Posted: July 01 2014 at 1:32pm
loaded up the truck, for a evening plink. took the ruger 10 22[splurged shot up about a hundred rounds], the ruger blackhawk 25-30 rounds, some from the hip]But. the star of the show was my 67 ishy, shooting some lake city nato loads.consistently hiting ipsc target sized rocks, at known distances. from 200 yards out to 350.then guesstamated a car sized dust patch,at 750. set the sight at 800,had no wind, and dropped it right in.[wife witnessed] she also [with a couple of practice shots] was hiting the 350 rock. the indians got this one right. fun evening on the high and lonesome......
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2014 at 8:37pm
Nice shootin bud, Is that at your property or a range or something? Ill have to dust my old girls off. Its been a while between drinks.
'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 12:52am
My Range is 100 yards long. When ever I get the shooting porch built I can start shooting over the Levee, but will need to clear out some trees... Son in Law thinks we could open the shooting range out to 750 Yrds.... LOL!!!!  He has not tried to clear a shooting lane back there yet!!!!  I bet he will say to he!! with that after about clearing 100 Yrds !!  and that is if we could even get a straight line out that far with out having a Cypress tree in the way!!

I have some South African and some German 7.62x51 NATO rounds for my Ishy's  Im wondering how they would do up against each other !!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
daneko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 1:11am
We live on what is known as the columbia platue,in north central wa state. is 2000 ft up from the columbia river. its either wheat,or sage brush. so there are some wide open spaces, to play with enfields, and to a lesser degree, [other rifles],pistols shotguns and a cannon on the 4th.friend built it, shoots a one pound ball with authority...but mostly enfields....
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 1:42am
Cool!!! I have been wanting to go down the road to a friends property, since he has a road that goes almost all the way to the end of his properties!! right down the middle..His property is the same length as mine, 1/2 mile deep!!!
So when ever I get to the point I can shoot again with out pain. and he is home, Im going there to do some long shots!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 9:47am
nice , most of us dont have access to those ranges 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 8:33pm
Getting to shoot proper distances  (200 +) is a problem for me too. Closest is a 200 and 300 metre at 1 1/2 drive (each way) but only get space midweek if your not a member. Another 200 metre at 2 1/2 hours. There is a new site being developed for international competitions, with a 600 metre range, but it will be about 4 hours each way! and probably busy as he!!!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
ozzlefinch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozzlefinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2014 at 8:06pm
I guess I'm pretty lucky.  I have a number of indoor rifle ranges that are very close, and a nice outdoor range facility about 1/2  hour away that goes up to 300 yards. 

Still, it would be awesome if I could just sit on the back porch and shoot targets!  Perhaps someday I will move out to Montana or the Dakotas, maybe even Texas.  But I would have to win the lottery first Cry
Politicians aren't born. They are excreted
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic