Forum Home Forum Home > Reloading > Reloading .303 British
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just a Question???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a Question???
    Posted: July 02 2014 at 3:19am
Has anyone ever used Redding Reloading presses???
I just bought one because of the price and that it came with the Die threads were 7/8th and also 1 1/4 so I can use my Martini Enfield die on it!!
Well once we got the box out to the Gun room, Me and Son in Law opened it up and were surprised to find that this press is a beast!!!
It makes my Lee press look so tiny and weak!!!!  LOL!!
I got the Redding Big Boss single stage press... Now to mount this thing !!! LOL!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 3:26am
If you don't mind my asking, Rhino, what was the price on the Redding?
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 3:29am
$166 and some change .... But they put their monies worth into it ....that thing is a BEAST!!!!!!  I dont think you will have any problem with other than the base you mount this one to ....
What ever this Redding gets mounted to should be Beefy !!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2014 at 6:04am
Yes,I had a used Redding, and their large presses are the equal of anyones for strength.

Ed
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2014 at 11:56am
I like their dies
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
musketjon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musketjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 4:51am
Most reloading presses have the standard thread size of 7/8-14 (not 1 1/4) so your dies will fit 99% of the available presses. Good price on your press, by the way.
Jon
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by musketjon musketjon wrote:

Most reloading presses have the standard thread size of 7/8-14 (not 1 1/4) so your dies will fit 99% of the available presses. Good price on your press, by the way.
Jon

This one has the 1 1/4" bushing that will accept 7/8 - 14 size dies.....
"White Rhino"

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 10:15am
sounds a good buy to me , i use an old lyman for my 45colt , a hornaday for my 12ga and a RCBS  rockcrusher for the 4570 , so far im only loading cowboy stuff tho 
musketjon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musketjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 1:15pm
Rhino,
Thanks for clearing that up. Definitely a good press at a great price.
Jon
Owl-Mirror View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owl-Mirror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2015 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

Has anyone ever used Redding Reloading presses???
I just bought one because of the price and that it came with the Die threads were 7/8th and also 1 1/4 so I can use my Martini Enfield die on it!!
Well once we got the box out to the Gun room, Me and Son in Law opened it up and were surprised to find that this press is a beast!!!
It makes my Lee press look so tiny and weak!!!!  LOL!!
I got the Redding Big Boss single stage press... Now to mount this thing !!! LOL!!

You talking about this?
"Lee Loader is a complete reloading system, kit includes everything needed to reload 303 British, except a rubber mallet, that is not included."

http://leeprecision.com/lee-loader-303-british.html

Words are my Weapon of choice, Truth is my Shield
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2015 at 6:51pm
Owl-Mirror , that link take me to several links !! , but what I got is what I described !!! it is a BEAST !!!!
It will do up to a 50 cal !!!

"White Rhino"

Gun Nut 4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gun Nut 4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 2:52pm
My first press was a LEE, single stage. I came across at Redding press, and picked it up at a gun show. Again it's a single stage, but your right about its construction its has a much heavier casting than the LEE. All my dies work well in either, but I tend to uses the Redding for the heavy lifting, things like pulling bullets or sizing bullets.
Gun Nut 4
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic