Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another 6 hours in hospital!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another 6 hours in hospital!
    Posted: November 27 2014 at 2:12am
I thought that having these stents done would put an end to the unwanted and "unavoidable emergency visits to hospital" but alas that seems not to be the case!
The evening before last (Tuesday evening) I was "lolling around" on the sofa watching telly when I got a few short sharp pains shoot through my chest. I took a couple of blasts of my GNT spray and it seemed to clear things up so I thought no more of it and went to bed.
I felt quite well when I got up yesterday morning so I went to see a client. However I had to call the meeting with him short because i started getting some more sharp pains start shooting through my chest and shoulder. I got straight home and tried to relax and clear them with the GTN spray but it wasn't having much effect. The next logical move was to phone the doctors surgery and make an "emergency appointment" which saw me getting a taxi down to the surgery at 3:00 - I didn't feel up to driving, which is just as well!
The doctor tested my blood pressure and then my pulse and told me that my heart beat was "erratic" and was giving "an extra abnormal beat now and then". His reaction to this was to phone for an ambulance and have me admitted to hospital.
The hospital was chack-a- block with patients being lined up on beds along the corridor - I should add here that there is no way that I blame the nursing staff for this backlog or patients waiting to be seen. I arrived at the hospital at about 4:00. The staff were working as best they could but it was almost 10:00 when I eventually got to see a doctor. His diagnosis was that I was suffering from a form of angina and that I should be discharged and see my family GP with a view of raising the dosage of some of my medication and being refered back to the cardiologist.
I now have an appointment to see my GP tomorrow so I am just hoping that things can be sorted out without too many more emergency hospital visits.

My biggest "grouse" with the he!!ish long times spent waiting to be seen in hospital here is not with the hospital, the nurses, the doctors or the "admin" staff, it is with this wretched government that we have which keeps on continuously cutting back on NHS funding which is the root cause of all of these long waits at hospitals where the poor nursing staff who are in the front line tend to have to face all of the "flack" from unhappy patients and relatives!

Oh well, I'm home and that's my grumble over with for today!

Wounding is not an option!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 4:17am
6 hours!! and you arrived by Ambulance which should normally take priority over the walk in's.
I hope they actually checedk you over properly and did not just jump to a conclusion.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 7:06am
Holy he!!. That's terrible.

I was sent to the ER because of nothing more than very (unusual for me with zero history) high B/P(188/123) They had me in a booth & hooked up in about 15 minutes flat because they were expecting a "Cardiac Event".Dead

Next time (if there is one) jump the gun & go at the first sign of trouble!

I'm fine BTW before anyone gets concerned it was a freak reading, caused by an allergic reacton.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 9:30pm
sorry to hear this glad your able to tell us about it tho 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic