Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a weak moment months ago finally paid off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a weak moment months ago finally paid off
    Posted: December 15 2014 at 7:18pm
i have wanted a second cowboy rifle , but did not know what i wanted , i asked a couple people to watch for one of these , let me know what turned up - well i now own an 1860 hennry - new in the box by uberti , 

now my backup guns are complete and my grandsons will graduate to centerfire when ready , maybe i can get my son to shoot with me too , 
i have uberti pistols and leather from galco , i also now have two - 1897 winchester pumps made in 1911 - one i will cut down the other preserve as a cowboy trap gun , 

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 7:32pm
Gorgeous rifles! These are high quality and hold their value forever! CONGRATULATIONS!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 8:02pm
thanks , i really wanted a second that would maybe become a first choice depending on how she shoots compared to my 92 , it was easy to add the ruger vaquero to that stainless taurus then add a second cimmaron and the second set of leather was given to me by a great friend who likes what i do , the first 1897 was a steal , the second was free , i need to spend some time on everything i own , and shoot new photos for a record , 

i guess between the sharps that i bought for cowboy long range and the 1897 i bought for cowboy trap im startin to think i got more money in cowboy guns then i do in 3-gun stuff , 

particularly when you consider that ive also got two complete sets of buckaroo gear with the pair of black colts and new birdshead cimarron to match the first , as well as duplicate leather , 

as well as the youth henry starter and grown up - golden boy - marlin 39a - and winchester 9422 , the kids are set , i have a 410 coach that matches my 12 , and my light load 3/4oz 12 ga is an easy transition to 12ga for the buggers as they grow , 

Jon287 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon287 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 9:24pm
Nice!!Thumbs UpCool
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their planet!!
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2014 at 4:57pm
I like !!! May have to start selling some of my milsurp and get some!!!!LOL!!!  Every one knows I have a problem letting a Firearm go!!!! most of my sales lately have been orders I have made for people ..nothing off the wall lately !! other than what I took off the wall and put in my collection !!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 10:15pm
thanks jon 

WR , ive been buying "off the wall" all month - im not what happened to me , i have three coming in this month alone , and not one made sense really , i bought one for a matching mag and another because ive never seen one before , next month will be different i assure you , 

that henry was planned - ive wanted one , just had to get the right deal on it , and i did , it was actually a standing order with my local gunsmith guy , its been six months getting it , 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 4:18am
A Sq: Whats next? Maybe a little trip to Little Bighorn for best 2 out of 3??

Nice looking stuff!
I had an ole Navy Colt back in the day. Really enjoyed it - but the Liberal gov't made it too difficult to own & use..even tho it was black powder & primarily used for re-enactments.
(Ya don't see people using black powder stuff for robberies & murders..but you can tell a Liberal..but ya can't tell 'em much!)
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 9:53pm
i guess if we had been armed with the henry instead oif the indians things would have gone a little different - not sure the end would have changed but it might not have come so quickly , 

one day i need to get all of this stuff in one place at the same time for photos - might take a while but its needing to be done , 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 10:58pm
i did take a quick one of the 9422 i picked up a couple months ago , 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic