Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ID Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2015 at 12:01pm
Mac,

Agree with Tony on this, and A.O.D. is Army Ordnance department.

Parker-Hale refurbished thousands of arms after the war, making many many sporting rifles.
As Tony said, they did a very good job on them, first rate blacking and good sights.
Their target sights are still very sought after.

R.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2015 at 1:35pm
That was my thought, that they'd gotten a rifle with a rusty barrel & replaced it. That star mark is a military thing so its probably before PH got it in their sweaty little hands.Clap
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2015 at 2:58pm
If it was a small patch of external rust they may have cleaned it up in the lathe refinished it and re blued it. The Parker Hale I have is still tight and the bore is superb, a tribute to their workmanship.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

macguy36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macguy36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 5:11pm
Thanks for all the information.  I shot my Enfield this past weekend, and I am pleased with its performance.

Lance Icenoggle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic