Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ID help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SegmentOfOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ID help?
    Posted: February 08 2015 at 12:35pm
Got a 1943 mk1 no4 enfield handed down to me and I'm lost trying to hunt out it's history...as well as trying to post picks of it. I think it's from the Yorkshire factory(m) but has an A and K as well?? Australian inspectors mark?? I'll continue to work to post se pics but the trigger ring has markings of the v,or bird( broad arrow?) an M 1943, A and K below, and the numbers18527. If anyone could help me out with any info off just this please help me..would be graciously appreciated. Thx
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 2:20pm
welcome , glad you joined us 

photos always improve the responses you get , 

AK is a proper prefix for maltby in 1943 and the serial in that 10000-19999 range is also correct , so ill agree with that assessment , anything else we need photos for ,  
Dazed and Confused View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed and Confused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 2:45pm
---------------------------
SegmentOfOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SegmentOfOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 2:46pm
Thx Asquare, if I can work the time in, I'll try to post some of the pics this eve...whatever outcome I'm pretty excited bout the new addition. Shoots flawlessly for me and the history of the rifle is interesting and only icing on the cake! Love'n this site and the characters in it too..look forward to now being part of the pack!
Thx again!
SegmentOfOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SegmentOfOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 4:12pm
Yup, great NW.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 6:04pm
WTF is STUMPTOWN ?! Good lord..why or why can't folks post proper info on this site? adie
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 6:45pm
It keeps us thinking or going nuts.

C
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

WTF is STUMPTOWN ?! Good lord..why or why can't folks post proper info on this site? adie
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed and Confused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 9:42pm

--------------

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2015 at 5:42pm
you learn more here by accident ..... luv it , thanks for the history lesson , ive yet to apend any time in that area - but i have a lot of rellies in the oregaon area raisin hopps and such , 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed and Confused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2015 at 9:59pm
-------------------------
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2015 at 4:57pm
"...Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. ..." 

happens here often enough , not that we wont return to topic equally quickly should something new pop up , no worries 

waiting on photos :>}
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic