Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would you buy this rifle?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustycraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you buy this rifle?
    Posted: February 15 2015 at 9:17am
Hi All,
First post here.
Just wondering if you would buy this rifle, as a good accurate hunting rifle, based on these pics?
Sarge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 4:44pm
What rifle is it? Full length photo's please.
This is MY rifle, there are many like, but this one... is MINE!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 5:24pm
Are you in Ontario -CANADA, or ONTARIO, California?
Are you showing us an ENFIELD rifle?
Do you know ANYTHING about firearms?
What kind of rifle is it?
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 5:29pm
Nope !!!! I would not buy a rifle from just looking at the muzzle or the barrel only and not knowing what kind of rifle it was !!
But if your giving it away I will take it ....and be surprised at what it is after I open the package !!!

Address :  401 Hwy 1012
                 Napoleonville , La. 70390

Its cool, I have an FFL !!!

"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 5:33pm
Hey Kres! I can't watch your vid..cuz its "unavailable to my location" whatever that means
Hoadie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 5:53pm
The Swamp Pawn show that Im on ??? that I posted a link to, or on TV on the CMT channel ??
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 5:28am
Compuiker says I cant..
I guess the compuiker sets the rules
Hoadie
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 6:16am
I would not buy a rifle with that muzzle.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Sarge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 6:23am
All I see is a barrel.....  where's the rest of it, or, for the untrained..... what combination of parts have been gathered together to form a 'RIFLE'
Angry..LETS SEE IT! Censored
This is MY rifle, there are many like, but this one... is MINE!
mike16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 1:26pm
welcome
I'm going to  go out on  a limb and presume that you came to an enfield web site to get an opinion for a reason

If everything else about the rifle checks out ok and its priced according to condition.... I would not eliminate it as a choice based on the pictures you provided.

but let me be the first to say...."What do I know"  it bares repeating.

Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 2:41pm
Is the bore nice and shiny or dull?
is the rifling square and sharp or rounded?
The bullet in the muzzle test is a very rough way of trying to measure wear. Not one I would use.
Whats the rest of the rifle like? Can you shoot it and see how it performs? Personally, if I wanted a shooter, I wouldn't buy a firearm without testing it first or at least getting a money back guarantee, unless its really cheap.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 3:35pm
No front sight?
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2015 at 6:09am
That will definitely affect accuracy!Thumbs Down
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic