Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 1916 BSA Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 1916 BSA Project
    Posted: February 16 2015 at 6:26am
It has been noted that I have not updated any projects lately. Not a lot has happened, just collecting parts mostly, but I have made the most progress on my 1916 BSA No 1 Mk III project. It started as a stripped receiver and a few months ago I picked up a barrel here on the forum from Richard at SIA. The rest of the bits I have accumulated over time. I do have some more bits to get and as things come along I will post further updates within this thread.

Sarge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 6:39am

A fair amount of parts still to find 'Bear43', but you have the main parts. The rest are found quite easily.

Is the slot for the Magazine Cut-off present?
This is MY rifle, there are many like, but this one... is MINE!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 6:55am
Yes, the slot is present.
Homer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 1:09pm
Bear have you tried the fit of the rear sight block over the barrel?
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 1:22pm
Not yet, I am going to be testing that out this week.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 4:13pm
Oooh..pieces parts. Looks like you have the makings of something great. I have two 1916's. One is a sport & one is a Vimy Vet.
They will go to my grave with me..cuz I don't see fit to leave 'EM TO ANYONE..cept maybe Rhino.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 5:14pm
"..Yes, the slot is present..." 

but is it drilled and tapped for the ever so hard to find itsy bitsy screw ? some with the slot weren't , 

Loooks - like your well on your way with that one , congrats 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 5:24pm
So much FUN building a rifle from parts, I like it!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2015 at 6:02am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

but is it drilled and tapped for the ever so hard to find itsy bitsy screw ? some with the slot weren't
Yes, the hole is drilled and tapped as well. The big trick is going to be finding one of those tiny screws. But that's all part of the fun.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2015 at 5:57pm
yes , my frend neil on another site taught me about that - had a cache of parts directed to me to accumulate and forward on in a complicated trade and cooperation deal , in one such package was said screw ---suposedly --- but it was not secure and we are not yet certain if i received it or not -- i could have dropped/lost it in repackage but i scoured my office carpet with magnet looking for it more than once , 

these are extremely tiny and easy to loose if the action is out of the forestock , if i found one and had to ship it , id be really careful in the packaging , i dont know of anyone offering reproductions 
Homer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2015 at 6:09pm
They haven't been terribly hard to find in Australia but I hear they are 15 to 20 bucks these days.
Sarge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2015 at 9:34am

Gentlemen..  please! The Magazine Cut-off screw is not as illusive as one would make out. They are to be found everywhere in abundance.

Plus... Ebay.co.uk, Numrich.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2015 at 3:50am
Thanks for the links, Sarge. I admit I had not actually looked for that screw yet, I was just going off of my experiences a few years ago trying to find one. They are much more available now than they used to be around here. Also, the prices at the ds-solutions site are pretty good for some things, even with the poor exchange rate on my end. I'll have to snoop around that site a bit.
Sarge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Bear43 Bear43 wrote:

Thanks for the links, Sarge.

My pleasure 'Bear43'. Any parts you feel your having difficulty in finding, just let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic