Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i need some prayers if anyone is willing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2015 at 5:15pm
The medical staff have wonderful surgical skills and understanding of how to  nurse someone back to health. Have courage to pray and faith in that prayer!!
Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.   

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2015 at 7:26pm
Still have you on my mind A_Square! I will continue praying and hoping for a bit of good in all this.
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2015 at 4:20am
My thouhts are with you guys in this time. i hope for the best it can be.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2015 at 1:53pm
Keep the faith, my friend.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2015 at 8:38pm
we are hangin in there - but info is slim and time is ticking away , im keeping the faith but worried that the lack of change in condition may not be a good thing , this is my wife youngest brother - the baby of the family if someone in their 50s can be considered that , we older ones never expect to have this happen to the younge ones before us , 
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2015 at 2:36pm
A Square, I apologize for being so late in catching your thread. 
You have my deepest sympathy on such a near and dear loss.  My sincere best whishes for the recovery of your brother-in-law as well.
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2015 at 6:51pm
thank you all , i have heard nothing to date - either the funeral or my BIL condition , i keep hoping no news is good news but i know better from years of experience and way to much insight about how life plays out , 

im expecting this week to unfold unpleasantly - not because im a half full guy - im not - but because i read things fairly well and my life has proved my instincts to be really accurate over the years , 

i hope my next report is a good one - but i know gods plan will play out as it must , my family is strong and we will survive but be less for those we loose , 

again thank you all , 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 7:08pm
its been a really trying few weeks , im updating here as i need to say things out loud that i cannot here , there has been no shortage of hope - prayers - belief , but reality has been starting to raise its place in everyones minds , 

for those that care , we had a funeral , my sister-in-law has now had the rightful remembrance by friends , classmates , family and those of us that loved her dearly , it was a long weekend but a very good experience i shall hold dear for the rest of my life , 

as to my brother in law - i can only answer with a recent update of his condition to the family , my wife has been doing a daily update , its been nearly three weeks - 

"...Not much to share with you today as far as progress goes for Alex. He remains frequently agitated, which prompted them to increase the dosage of yet another of the drugs he is receiving.

The physical therapist was in to work with him this morning, but the state he was in made that all but impossible. The nurse who was on duty at that time told me she and the therapist agreed that first thing in the morning was not appearing to be the best option, so the therapist will schedule visits with Alex more toward the end of the work day, in hopes of better cooperation and results. So, for today, they did not sit him on the edge of the bed and he was not moved to his recliner. There was no speech therapy today. His overnight nurse did say that he seemed to calm a bit when she spoke to him in his room.

His vitals remain stable, they are going to check his white blood cell count every other day (instead of daily), and his temperature was a bit low, between 96 and 97 all day. Because of these positive signs of stability, they are considering shifting him from his current room in ICU to a "regular" room soon, as the oxygen he is taking in through his trach-dome is down to 21%, which would be similar to normal room air.

Slowly, ever so slowly, I have faith his body and brain are healing. It is good that he has no new infections, and that his cough is strong (very important when on a tracheotomy, I learned). It appears he will continue at his own pace, regardless of any outside influences (such as our long-distance urgings to respond...NOW! lol). 

Please keep up with the prayers and positive energy, thank you.

Love, Kersty

as many know from personal experience or profession , this is not something that will be passing any time soon , im a realist and sometimes it makes me sad , im going to have to find a way to keep the correct face on for this upcoming holiday when the family gets together to celebrate and commiserate all we are thankful for and what we have lost , 

the last time i felt this way was 1963 , same holiday - different loss - for the young amongst us it was the kennedy assassination ,  the TV was filled with the unfolding story and the funeral , 
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2015 at 4:53pm
The recuperative ability of the body is a testament to Gods design and something to be marvelled at. Sometimes from seemingly impossible injuries, there can be remarkable recovery even though it may take years of effort and a fighting spirit to do so.
Encouragment from friends and family is a real help in these situations so the wider family also needs the support of each other when the outlook may seem too bleak to offer hope.
Bless you, your B I L and the family as you all pray and work through this difficult time.
Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.   

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2015 at 5:29pm
Nicely said, Von Gruff, nicely said.....
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
LilysDad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilysDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2015 at 5:33am

God's Grace, Peace, Love and Mercy be with you and your loved ones in this horrible time. For your BIL, I ask for healing of body, mind and spirit. Amen

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2015 at 7:49am
Its a long, slow process, but it sounds really encouraging.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2015 at 3:25pm
"Endeavor to persevere."
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2015 at 6:47pm
i shall , and the rest of the family has all that has been experessed , in their hearts , 

the feeling is positive , these are trying times but we have met them before and shall overcome as we have in the past , life's losses are not always what we expect or how we want them to be - we don't get to choose , 

the prayers at thanksgiving dinner left me understanding just how strong this family is , 

i will add an update when warranted as i feel a closeness with distance here - i know you all are living the same lives in the locations you are in , i hope im not intruding 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2015 at 10:26am
Of course not this is family here.Thumbs Up

Just as messed up as any "real" family tooEvil Smile
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2015 at 2:28pm
Maybe be more.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic