Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#5/Mk1 Jungle Carbine Bayonet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2016 at 3:45am
..I put fur inside my undies for the winter months...ball to ball carpeting is much warmer!
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2016 at 9:33am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

i think hes been out in public without the bra and folks are still thinking that ....

That is a photo that I do not want to see. Hoadie running by with scissors and braless.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2016 at 1:55pm
Oh, this had devolved into a TMI post LOL  You guys crack me up!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2016 at 6:46pm
TMI? as in too much information?
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2016 at 4:24am
..dude! If ya don't want us to pass on tips to keep warm during winter months on the frozen tundra..say so. Just tryin ta help..
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2016 at 7:16am
I'm NOT Googling for "Gnome in undies & a fur lined Bra"!
There's no way I'm gonna not be blind after seeing that search result!
Censored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2016 at 7:58am
i think ill not check that one out then ................my eyesight is bad enough already , 

not that it relates to the topic - except that it brings us back to pointy bits - for fun viewing 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2016 at 9:13am
I like them.

I like "hookers" on Valentine's Day.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2016 at 9:52am
yes - its the pattern 1907 hookie and its inspiration - the japanese T-30 , i gifted that japanese  bayonet to my FFL of many years to go with his T-99 that his grandfather had gifted him , he transfered more weapons to me free of charge than i can even count [i have always followed the law in buying and selling guns] 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2016 at 10:08pm
What came first, the British or the Japanese hooker?

I guess it is like the old question on what came first, the chicken or the egg. It was the roster that came first.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2016 at 8:17pm
the japanese was first - the pattern 1907 hookie was the clone , we all learn from those that go before us , must admit it is an elegant piece 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2016 at 9:49am
My British hooker came out a bucket of Japanese bayonet. Knowage is power.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2016 at 12:22pm
..hey-got a question. I've been eyeing a bayo for the carbine on a link that Canuck sent me...they claim its original.(Doesn't look anywhere near as nice as Canuck's). Anyway - there is NO stamps on it anywhere..yet they still claim its original.
Can that be right? I always thot maybe incorrectly - that manufacture for D o D had to have your stamp on it.
What say you?
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2016 at 7:37pm
these can be seemingly lacking in markings but will have it there somewhere , mine is a poole - the marking is a small P in a circle , the more wear the more difficult to see , in general the wilkinson ones are better marked , these saw hard service in some cases in the jungles - this would not deter me , in fact my BSA no5 had a Wilkinson blade that showed a lot of wear and tear , i traded it for other things and retained my FAZ with the poole bayonet , 

i cannot speak to the radecliffe who assembled and finished  or the viners or elkington as ive never seen one of either of those mfgrs , but i believe that as wilkinsons were marked WSC or S294 [their war code] viners would have used VNS or N79 , and elkington probably used their war code M78 , 

sorry i cant show any photos - i never took any over the years , 

FYI - the early no5 had a single screw thru the grip scales , later had two , 

the ones made in india generally have very clear markings GRI / RFI - these are generally called out as the repros but im not certain that is a good name for them , 

i would be more leary of one that had lots of traditional markings - that would be uncommon for these , 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2016 at 7:48pm
As promised pictures of said bayonet and host rifle, ready for action!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2016 at 7:50pm
Pics won't upload, dang it all!Files likely too large for this site, I'll try re-sizing them.Guys, please let me know if you can view them on your end, thx.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic