Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

E. A. L. .303

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E. A. L. .303
    Posted: May 18 2016 at 2:44pm
Thanks to a good couple of fellow Enfield guys I today have come into possession of a real EAL rifle. I believe this is the civilan version with the flip up rear sight and 10 round magazine, as opposed to the military version with the rear sight mounted on the knox form using a 5 round magazine. The pictures the seller provided are of poor quality so i can't make out the EAL serial#. Paid $450 Canadian dollars plus shipping. I think I made off like a bandit! The seller also has 6 #5/Mk1 jungle carbines for sale but this EAL was the prize I wanted to add to my growing collection of Enfields.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2016 at 4:32pm
nice find, since the first time i read about hose rifles i though i would like to have one, only way ill get one ill bet is if it falls in my lap
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2016 at 4:44pm
I'll keep an eye and an ear open for you evanguy.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2016 at 6:22pm
Evanguy: Hang in there..have hope! It COULD happen..I mean - if Tru-dope can get elected with a huge majority..you probably WILL get that rifle!! ..and you may even win the lottery, at the same time!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2016 at 6:24am
Very nice find, Canuck!
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2016 at 8:08am
sorry man. i voted for him as did every single other person i know. i never votedbefore that election and i was able too for 12 years.  it wasnt so much becauee we wanted "truedope" in power it was more so to get hitler....oops harper out of power. id take the leader of north korea over harper anyday. they are just as smart as eachother but north korea guy doesnt look like such a knob.

also im not opposed to this whole pot thing, ive smoked 4 joints a day for the last 15 years.( to help with my add and autisum) i grow it myself for my self as to not support criminals. so it makes life easier for me
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2016 at 9:31pm
know "nuthink" of canadian politics , but im thinking i need to learn , i appreciate the input , might be your neighbor one day ...if'n i dont move south for the warmth 

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 4:28am
..so -that's where we put the blame..all you Bluenosers, herring-chockers & bay boys!! This is all YOUR FAULT!

I still don't understand what people hated so much about Harper..@ least he was being reigned -in.
He was putting $$ back into the military, he actually did more for Canada's image on the world stage, than any other P.M. before him.

Tru-dope's father tried to disband the military, entirely. Being as the only "job" this idiot had was a snow-board instructor & a substitute teacher...watch. This clown will do more damage to whats left of this country, than his father did(we're STILL feeling the effects of that! )

& then he starts a push-shove in Parliament a couple days ago...Yep - real mature materiel.
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 4:48am
well to say the very least, he was ANTI science, environment, vererans, freedom, privacy,  equal rights, facts and the canadian peoples wants.

and he was pro Israel no matter how many unarmed kids  they shoot in the face with rubber bullets at of range of 30 feet. even america was iffy about suporting that one

the only people that liked him are closed minded religious folks or gun owners that only car about their arms over canada as a whole

and a shoving match..... come on man. far from that. she was in he way and he never ment to. have you never bumped into somone in a crowed area before?
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 6:11am
ah, but Parliamentary protocol dictates that you STAY in your zone..you DO NOT barge into the middle isle, & exchange heated words & grab people by the arm.
The Whip that claimed she had to leave - is a non-starter. That was just as bad.
If you can - watch the full clip. He came lookin for a showdown.
(Too bad they didn't have sidearms...DRAW! Ya varmit!! )
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 6:44am
alright ill agree it was a shi*show and it shouldnt have happened lol. but tye prople blocking the guy from walking started it. i would have elbowed them on purpous. its rude and childish to knowingly stand in someones way.

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 3:11pm
U hit it right on the head! CHILDISH. But, I haven't seen this kindsa behaviour since his father was P.M., & told the opposition to "F&C* OFF in the House, no less! (Read: Fuddle-Duddle)

You can bet, this is going to degenerate.

(Buncha little kids fighting over a sand box!!)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 7:01pm
learning as i read , interesting , we do not have a monopoly on the idiot politicians i guess , 

BTW - i forgot to say - thats a beautiful rifle Canuck - congrats 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 7:42pm
..the Speaker should have wrested control from the beginning..THATS HIS JOB..but methinks he's a Liberal, so...
Anyway - this is what we have for a gov't?? God help us!
Nero "Fuddle - Duddles" while Rome burns...Oi
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 11:07pm
Thanks A Square 10! I'm pretty happy with it. Pictures of my own coming next week.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2016 at 1:03am
Thanks Bear!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic