Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1899 Lee Enfield Carbine restoration.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1899 Lee Enfield Carbine restoration.
    Posted: June 09 2016 at 7:50am

Here is another just off the duplicator. Going at it now with the boiled linseed oil.

It was worth the effort to bring this one back. Bright bore with a matching serial number bolt.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2016 at 8:09am
Wow, you are a master of your art.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2016 at 9:19am
I second that comment!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2016 at 10:18am
well im going to third it. very nice work as always. i strive to collect like you. i love these pre no1mk3 rifles WAY to much.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2016 at 7:23pm
wow that turned out perfect , what a fantastic job , you do htrat work , i love it , 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2016 at 10:34pm
You restored a dead and gone gun to factory new.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 4:27am
No, not dead and gone. The carbines that I tackle are usually good shooters that have been used as deer guns. I carry them in the bush and shoot the crap out of them before they get to the restoration rack.

Maybe think of it as a poor old soldier dressed in rags, I restore so that he is wearing a new uniform.

With each restoration, I get a little better, a little faster, a little neater.

I am actually getting towards the end of the rack and only have about another dozen or so to go!

Once restored, I lose interest as it is the actual work restoring that I enjoy. I move them along to new owners and the funds generated then buy new projects and the cycle starts over again. 
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 5:49am
Holy Snappin Sheep-Dip!! That's Beautiful!! What a job! I'm really impressed
(D'oh! now my mouse is sticky again!)
Loose wimmen tightened here
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 6:07am
well when you want to move any guns along to new owners keep me in mind. i wouldnt mind a few of your projects on my shelf. also i was thinking the gun looked like a real hunting rifle that could be used in the bush even on raining days. now it looks like it should sit on a shels to be looked at. both are great
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic