Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rule .303

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 5:21pm
i bet the view is marvelous , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 8:31am
If you use Google Earth search for "Hoad Hill" or "Sir John Barrow Monument"you can get a 360 (fake) panorama.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 8:33am
Veering OT for a moment.
Can any of our English, British speakers tell me what a "Kibbly Biscuit"is?
It was used by someone from Birmingham & may refer to football (soccer).
Wacko
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 4:54pm
It's a type of dog food!

A second common form in which dog food of the biscuit type is produced is in a finely divided form. This type of product, frequently referred to as kibbled, may be prepared in a variety of sizes. Commonly, however, it is prepared in a size which may be of the orderof A to A1 inch although it may be in pieces as large as /2 to 4 inch. This product is in form readily suitable for use under conditions such that when a liquid is added, the liquid is readily adsorbed and the product becomes soft and readily edible.

The rough, open-faced surface of kibbled food which, together with its more or less characteristic non-uniform size, are the main distinguishing features of this product, is typically obtained by a standard method of production. A sheet of dough may be baked and subsequently broken into small pieces by appropriate means. The fracture of the sheet produces in the kibbled product a comparatively high ratio of open unglazed adsorptive surface to closed glazed non-adsorptive surface; the latter surface, of course, is derived from the portion of the sheet which was directly subjected to the high degree of convection and radiant heat within the baking oven.  Ideal feed for Moderators.

Woof Woof.

Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 5:38pm
..That must be the stuff they vend @ Soccer games in Blighty...that & Bovril. (Guess they'd kinda go hand in hand)
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 7:00pm
Well if it wouldnt be to late at night right now I give Hoadie a call, just to make sure he didnt feed me any of that when I was up there !!! LOL!!!  May have to call him tomorrow then !!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 8:29pm
not certain id want to know - might give cause to reconsider the next visit , what ? 

sounds truly gruesome in so many ways , dehydration leaps to mind 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 12:34am
It's quite often used as a complete diet for pets, it's supposed to have all the vitamins and minerals required by the animal. I personally wouldn't feed my dog on it, he gets 1 lb of mince mixed with biscuits every day, when he was a pup the folks we got him from were feeding him a complete diet which caused havoc with his digestion and resulted in him having the runs. I soon cured that with a balanced diet.
  Hoadie would probably eat it because mixed with water it forms a porridge, ideal for the gnome who hasn't got any teeth.
  As you say Mike dehydration is a possibility if the pet hasn't got access to an adequate supply of fresh water.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 4:04am
Rhino! I wouldn't feed ya that stuff..have some faith!

Now ..Spotted d**k, that's a different story
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 5:09am
OK, thanks, that's what I thought it was but I couldn't figure it into a football context?
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 5:10am
Bovril's alright, almost as good as Marmite!
Evil Smile

paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 8:50am
Hoadie is very easy to feed. Just give him a Enfield and he can feed himself.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

i bet the view is marvelous , 

Yeah..I bet if I went there (& had someone carry me up to the top), maybe I could see my house from there!
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Rhino! I wouldn't feed ya that stuff..have some faith!

Now ..Spotted d**k, that's a different story

Hoadie we don't want to discuss your medical problems on here.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 3:46am
You call yerself an "Englishman" & you don't know 'bout Spotted d**k??!!
How 'bout "Boxty on the Griddle"? (Toad in the Hole, Rarebit, bangers & Mash?)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 5:49am
"Boxty on the Griddle"
Oirish Rösti!

"Welsh Rarebit" is a 15 year old maiden from Cardiff.
Censored
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic