Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions on Heritage Arms .22's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions on Heritage Arms .22's?
    Posted: October 05 2017 at 1:52pm
I was looking at getting a Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22 revolver for the purpose of a cheap plinker to add to the collection. I held one and they seem fairly nice. I like the 6.5" barrel on them. I was just wondering if any of you have had any experience with them or not. If so any thoughts would be appreciated.
buckeye55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeye55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 9:22am
I just bought one three weeks ago. It has the .22 LR/.22 WMR cylinders. So far I like it. It seems to be accurate. Has a decent feel in the hand. It was purchased with the intent that it would be a nightstand gun for my wife.

I'm having serious second thoughts about giving it to her.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2017 at 5:38am
..before you do - make sure she hasn't been harbouring any "issues" with you!
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2017 at 6:23am
I got me one a month or so ago , also ordered one for my brother and one for his buddy who has a camp down from my brothers camp, both wanted them to plink snakes out at the camp... I even kept an extra in the shop for later ... Nice little pistols , the ones I ordered did not come with the mag cylinder , but did have a coupon to get one later for a discount !!!

Oh by the way , Camp down here is the same as Cabin up north !!!!  just different terms !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2017 at 12:36pm
Thanks for the input! I think I am going to pick one up next month. I will make sure and post up a review when I do.
buckeye55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeye55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

..before you do - make sure she hasn't been harbouring any "issues" with you!

We've been together 41 years as of today. If there were issues, I'd have known.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2017 at 10:14pm
i think they are fine - i had more than one young SASS shooter friend that used them , i got my brother one a number of years ago with both cylinders and he has been very happy with it , 

get the steel version , the pot metals are not allowed to be sold in this state as they have safety issues , there are always the cimarron SAA versions as well , i have a couple of those that are intended for the grandkids starter SASS guns - they work great and feel right , 

all of these , including the ruger bearcats are a slightly undersized version of the colts SAA and take a slightly smaller holster than the centerfire versions , ive had no issues with my triple K holsters for the 22s 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2017 at 3:27am
Last night I bought the Heritage Arms Rough Rider. It's pretty nice and I am pleased with the fit and finish. The grips could be a bit better but I am not hung up on that. They were on sale at Dunhams for $149.99 so I couldn't pass it up at that price. I'll post a couple pictures later.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2017 at 7:47pm
love to see it bear , i think you will be happy with it , what did you get for the finish and the grip scales ? 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2017 at 6:29am
Here's a picture of it. The blueing on there is really nice and the metal components fit well. The grips are a bit more reddish in color but it was actually the best they had of what was on hand. There is a bit of a gap on the right grip but not bad. I do like the heavy grain though.

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2017 at 8:57pm
nice looking SAA , i like the long barrel , my young friends[sass shooters] all had the shorter 43/4 versions , the one my brother has is as well , i think you did well , i like that longer version , 

FWIW my brother had a histandard with ivory looking grip scales back in the 70s - i set him up with the one he has and bought him the faux ivory grip scales to imitate/replace that he was delighted as it was close enough to be a replacement , 

my young sass friends had the green versions , both finish and grips , with laminate grip scales , i cannot fault the performance of these in any of these cases all i know are quite happy with them , 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2017 at 9:04pm
This has a 6 1/2" barrel which is the main reason I bought it. Most like the shorter barrels but I am the opposite. Now to find a holster and put rounds downrange....
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2017 at 4:11pm
let us know how she works for you , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic