Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with my 1915 shtle mkiii*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 4:09pm
Numrich Gun Parts has the front and rear sights for the No1 MkIII
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:17pm
yup, its all there. A standard set of military sights will fit up to the barrel no prob. When you order don't forget the little key, pins and screw to install.

If there is no evidence of a scope rail ever being fitted before, I would hazard a guess to say that somebody stripped a military spec rifle, removed its sights and dropped the action into the Bishop sporter wood. They never got around to fitting sights. It is an incomplete conversion.

Another option for you. Because nothing has been cut or modified, just stripped of parts, the rifle could be restored back to its original battle rifle form. The barreled action just needs assembling with all the right parts.  Just something to consider. 

That model of Bishop wood set is no longer manufactured and is quite sort after. Beautiful condition, it is without doubt worth more than the rest of the rifle.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:27pm
As mentioned before, I have the same Bishop stock for a No4 Mk1 that has been my main deer gun for years. I bobbed the barrel to remove the front site, had a 3x9 Baush and Lomb installed and use a Parker Hale 5 shot made in it. When I did a lot of shooting (which I plan to again now I'm retired) you could cover a three shot group @ 100 yds with a toonie. 150g handloads going 2550 fps. Love that gun!
Witwillem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Witwillem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 10:10am
You can fit an ATI scope mount on your mk111 with out modifying it. There is a YouTube video. Takes about 5 minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic