Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State of the book...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State of the book...
    Posted: January 13 2018 at 3:54pm
I figure since this is the primary forum I visit and since all of you have been so supportive of my endeavor on a book dealing with Maltby No 4 rifles I would post a status update here. Over the past year I have taken many pictures of Maltby rifles and have gotten many from here and elsewhere. I can say my research findings are interesting and have shed some light on inspector numbers. The wrist markings are still a mystery though. It will probably be a couple years but a step will be making a trip to England to look at some archives. When that happens, beforehand, I will put ads in papers to ask for interest in any locals that had family members who worked at the Maltby factory, to hear their stories and record what I can. As I have said before, this will be a long process since I have a full time job and this is my side project. In the end, thank you all for keeping an eye out and helping. Also, Canuck, I still want pics of your Maltby's
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 4:13pm
Bear, I must apologize as I have been remiss in taking photos of my Maltby holdings. I will try to get those done ASAP. I have a gun show to attend tomorrow where I am picking up a new purchase (an E.A.L Canadian air force survival rifle) but after that I will give it a try. My photographic skills suck but I'll do my best.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 4:54pm
Woah, woah, woah.... You are getting an EAL survival rifle, Canuck? Make sure and show us that one! I know you will get the Maltby pics to me I just had to bug you about it
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 5:02pm
I'll post pics tomorrow.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 7:48pm
im remis as well - ive taken a lot longer setting up my gun room than i planned , and thus acess and photos have been wanting , i apoligize , good intentions and all only go so far , i meantto be a better friend with my meager contributions , ill get on that soon , 

i am supportive of this book , of no concern with giving my data and photos at all ,trolls or the feds can come collect - i have ammo , will die buried in brass , just sayin 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:12am
Bear; Just a suggestion..you may want to contact Royal Legion in Blighty with your request. I'll bet bangers & mash to donuts that the decendants will be there & willing to help.
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 6:46am
I will take the donuts and make it chips and bangers.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 7:33am
hoadie, that is some great advice. I will have to do that.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 9:09am
Whatever you do do NOT make it "Bubble & Squeak"Dead
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2658/4178209970_dc8700c4ae.jpg

Basically re-boiled chopped cabbage in mashed potatoes.
First you
"bubble" (gurgle gurgle)
Then you squeeeakkk
http://bloodnok.net/aac/disgusting.m4a
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 12:10pm
Bear, if you want any specific photos of my French Resistance 1944 Maltby rifle let me know. You could send a PM with similar photos of what you need. There are no civilian stamps on this rifle, it is as it was in 1944.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 12:55pm
Man, does that look good! Love cabbage! Do you fry it in bacon fat?
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 12:58pm
Allways!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 1:01pm
That's it! Putting cabbage on the wife's grocery list! Are those carrots and green onions?
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 2:02pm
HT:

Cant U cook 4 yourself?
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 2:27pm
Absolutely! My wife hasn't cooked a meal in 30 years! One of my go-to comfort foods is Steak and Kidney Pie! Yum! I first tasted it in '86 when our rugby club toured England and Wales for two weeks. That, and black pudding! Luckily we have a British butcher just out of town that still makes black pudding.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 3:40pm
bear , as soon as i finish with the 22 cabinet and the US Military handguns box ill dig into the gun closset for mine 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic