Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delete Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShotsPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delete Please
    Posted: December 03 2011 at 9:29pm
Hello, im new to this, so if I need pictures, just let me know.

So, I have a Lee Enfield no1 mk4 sporter, with only a 5 round magazine. It works fine. My trouble is that i can't find where on earth i can buy more magazines for it, i spent 3 hours looking online and couldnt find a no1 mk4 magazine.

In those 3 hours of looking/researching, i read that a no4 mk1 magazine could fit in a no1 mk4, however the no1 magazine could'nt fit in the no4. Is this true? Will a no4 mk1 mag fit in a no1 mk4? Also, could a no1 mk3 mag fit in a no1 mk4?

Still, either way, the only magazines im able to find for sale are the no1 mk3 mag's. ..

Also, if you could help me know where to go/find these magazines that would be great.

-edit- Nevermind, i feel like such a complete idiot, you have no idea. I feel really stupid even saying this, but... its a no4 mk1, I got the numbers switched around. I dont even think there is a no1 mk4, I know theres a no1 mk3*, wow. sory to everyone for wasting your time.
Bloodwyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bloodwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 7:14am

At least you caught your own mistake, track down some of my post and you will feel much better about yourself. Good luck.

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis~ I go armed at all times and shoot where I find it necessary as I am an American. ~Bloodwyn~

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 8:21am
I do that same thing all the time ....  get the No1 MK 3 and the No 4 MK 1 flip flopped ....  easy mistake ...
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
ShotsPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShotsPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 1:53pm
lol thank you guys, because iw as looking at all these no4 mk1 pieces and im going oh my gosh they look exactly the same, why arnt i finding any no1 mk"4" parts... lol.

so after about a good 5-6 hours of looking/researching, and everysingle piece looking the same, i finally saw the way the bolt looked on the no4 mk1 and i said, "hmm lemme just got double check." and sure enough, bam no4 mk1, and i was like wow i feel stupid.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2011 at 3:18am
while i think it extreemly important to get the nomencature correct , i have no problem with folks posting these errors , it helps us all to remember to explain ourselves well , and no your post was not stupid we all have our moments , cannot tell you how often it happens to me ,

there was in fact an SMLE mkIV , it was actually a modification of mkII & mkII* lee metfords and mkI & mkI* lee enfeilds that were upgraded to mkIII standards , since this occured long before the change in nomenclature that made no1 rifles - no1s we dont generally see that used ,

and since these were conversions of multiple early rifles to a standard that was subsiquently upgraded you dont see a lot about these and the whole area of upgraded older rifles can get pretty confusing to someone new to collecting enfields , you need the bible - "the lee enfeild story" to fully grasp all the nuances in tyhis area
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2011 at 3:24pm
I use No.1 MkIII magazines in my No.4.
They are a tight fit.

Some No.4 Magazines will work in a No.1 rifle, but some will hang up on the magazine cut off plate, its not easy to get one back out if it does hang up. 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 8:38am
Bloodwyn;

Lotsa people lookin for 5 round mags. Opportunity there if yer looking to sell a mag
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic