Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Shooters Bar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Shooters Bar
    Posted: September 17 2019 at 6:18pm
This reminds me of the breakfast I had at Bisley at the Shooters Bar at 8AM.

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2019 at 6:50pm
Looks delicious! Is that a shredded potato cake in the middle?
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

Looks delicious! Is that a shredded potato cake in the middle?

Not only that but you got buttered toast and then more toast fried in bacon fat as a desert. The coffee was crap but I did get to buy a ton of junk at the arms fair, shoot the 900 M line and the McQueens course.

Shot a 7.62 #5T and a real 1915 SMLE TR rifle.  Had a private tour of the museum before it was opened and met the curator who donated a glass case of six awarded Swedish Olympic 6.5X55 champion rifles from the early 1950s. Saw the Queen's starting rifle in it jig too.

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2019 at 8:58pm
Altogether Very Fine, MJ, And the breakfast!!  You got me feeling Hungry now!

I never did get to Bisley when we lived over there.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 3:24am
Originally posted by MJ11 MJ11 wrote:

This reminds me of the breakfast I had at Bisley at the Shooters Bar at 8AM.

It doesn't remind me of anything I can get at Bisley. Unhappy

Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 7:41am
Mmmmm. Black puddin!Looks like a good breakfast, enough to keep you going until lunch?

It is best to eat it quickly when served, otherwise it starts to congeal and sticks to the plate. 

Now I gotta go eat! Mmmm, fried bread with Marmite coming up!
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 9:16am
I still fry bread in bacon fat!
Try this for a treat.
cut a medium sized hole in the slice of bread, now drop it in the pan of hot bacon grease. Now break an egg & drop it in the hole to fry inside the bread. Just be careful flipping it. Put the bacon on the plate with it. You can actually hear the *Squeeeek* as your arteries harden.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 10:10am
Eggs in a frame. Love it.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 11:01am
I would hate to try to shoot 100 rounds prone after eating that.Thumbs Down
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 11:07am
You mark targets in the morning, shoot in the afternoon, otherwise you teeter totter as you shoot.
http://funnypicsonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/planking-fat-guy.jpg
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 6:34pm
ohhhhhh , gonna have a hard time unseein that , nap anyone ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2019 at 7:44pm
As above!!!!!  LOL!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2019 at 7:06pm
im not a fan of bangers and beans but there is a lot on that plate i could overeat on in a single sitting without making a measurable dent in that plate 

so much i love there - just sayin , 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2019 at 3:13am
When I was in Blighty in June..my friend took me for "a proper English Breakfast".
That pic above was it (tho your taters look alot better than the frozen diced crap I got as "home fries"
They don't really do "proper" brown beans over there, but I like brown beans w/anything!
You can keep the fried bread ..& they shud stick to what they know...forget trying to serve coffee in Blighty, it's a losing proposition. Stick to tea!
I like mushrooms at any time (unless they are canned). So now I can say I've had "a proper English Breakfast"...but methinks I could improve on it a might!
Loose wimmen tightened here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2019 at 6:26am
Hoadie,
I'm a Brit, and you are dead right on the coffee!  I always drank tea in England, or coffee made at home.
I used to reckon they made the coffee once a week and kept it boiling...

Shoes on the other foot here. I always drink coffee when out and about, and drink tea at home!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2019 at 7:22am
My coffee is legendary (or notorious, depending on your POV). I make it French style in big honking cups at about double what most Americas would consider normal strength, but I add a lot of hot milk. its almost espresso in a bucket!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic