Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No7MkI/L arrived...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 12:59pm
Nope. Gonna try and go cold turkey! Gotta get this monkey off my back!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 10:17am
Just received my "new to me" bayonet. Pretty nice! Mechanics work smooth. I was able to confirm the markings. M47B on the handle end, No7Mk1/L on the blade hilt. Unfortunately no sheath, but I knew that.ill give it a good light cleaning and oiling.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 11:58am
I believe the sheath is the same as the No9 Bayonet. So should be easier to find than the blade.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 2:14pm
The sheath from a No9 and a bayonet for a No5Mk1 will work just fine.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 2:29pm
Actually, I may not have to worry about a scabbard or with being a bayonet owner. The guy I bought it off e-mailed me and asked if it was ok to give another guy my e-mail. Apparently this other guy called the day after I had purchased it. He offered me $400 CDN. It would be an ok profit, but it is pretty cool. I'm just not used to making a profit on anything I sell!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 4:00pm
...as long as you get your money back at the least...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 4:21pm
399.00.  365.00.   245.00.   345.0 .    
Those are the wanting prices of a few individuals for their No7MkI/L bayonets on eBay.  
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 4:25pm
I've never really been someone who buys stuff to flip. I've sold a lot of things I regret selling. This may be one of them, so, I'm keeping! Goosic. I cleaned the blade up with Hoppes and steel wool. Yours seemed to come out shinier than mine. I didn't want to remove to much patina, just the surface rust. Weird thing. Mine had a real funky smell also!
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

I cleaned the blade up with Hoppes and steel wool. Yours seemed to come out shinier than mine. I didn't want to remove to much patina,

They do seem to vary, I had to buy & sell several before I found a shiny one.
This one ended up[ as the 'keeper'.

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 5:06am
Very nice example!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 6:42am
High carbon blades. You can put a really sharp edge on them. Before I retired, I worked quite a bit in the US. When I was in Oklahoma, the most popular pocket knife with the guys was a Case bone handled non locking knife. It was pretty small, and had a high carbon blades. Of course I had to have one. One of the older fellows showed me he was taught to treat the new blade. He stuck it in a potato and said to leave it over night! In the morning, I pulled it out. It had a nice grey finish. When I got back home I did this to a Shrade Old Timer I had. Same result. My buddy always loved that knife and I didn't as it had a clip point, so I gave it to him. Next time I saw it he had used a buffing wheel and compound to make it look like chrome!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 8:17am
There were a lot of bayonets parkerized during service, maybe thats the difference? My '07 is parked but its such a light color you barely see it except for the difference where its worn away!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 9:05am
Shamu. Interesting maybe. Whilst oil/steel wooling, I saw some OD green paint on the blade side of the hand guard. About 40% still green so I left it. Also. I found a scabbard on-line in Canada. He wants $50 CDN. In line, too much? Thanks!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 11:11am
If it also has the frog thats not terrible.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2020 at 11:15am
Its really hard to see, look at the spine where the scabbard has abraded it & the edge where its been sharpened. The hilt was Oil Blackened too so its a 3-tone blade!

MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2020 at 7:22pm
Did someone say, "Corned Beef?"

.............Thumbs UpMJ............
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic