Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An assortment of accoutrements and accessories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An assortment of accoutrements and accessories
    Posted: May 10 2020 at 2:56am
Some of my "Bits & Bobs"

Any questions, or for more info on a specific item - just ask.

britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 4:04am
Where did you find this stuff??  I’d like to have one of those trigger pull gages and front sight adjustment tools.

The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 4:26am
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

Where did you find this stuff??  I’d like to have one of those trigger pull gages and front sight adjustment tools.

I did have 2 or 3 Trigger gauges and I know I still have at least a couple of the front sight adjusters - I'll have a dig around in the boxes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 5:05am
A quick look reveals I have 'spares' so could let a spring gauge and a front sight tool 'go'. No idea of price or shipping costs but I'll do some investigation if you are interested.

I'd let the 'Salter' gauge go (the one without the cocking piece fitting) and one of the two /|\ marked sight adjusters (which were never fitted with the brass "inches per turn" plate.
I think that despite being /|\ marked these may be reproductions.
The adjuster with the brass 'inches' plate is a Parker hale after market part.

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 6:05am
wow! rare stuff indeed!
(Grrr...its always the "other" guy! I'm jealous
Loose wimmen tightened here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 6:35am
Does anyone want to have a guess what the 1st item (the 'clamp thing') is used for ?

paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 8:23am
Very nice!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by The Armourer The Armourer wrote:

Does anyone want to have a guess what the 1st item (the 'clamp thing') is used for ?

My initial thought was a blank restrictor but that doesn't make sense for a bolt action. Is it a cleaning rod guide?

Very neat collection though! This stuff can be as interesting as the rifles themselves.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 1:36pm
That would be my thought.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by WilliamS WilliamS wrote:

Originally posted by The Armourer The Armourer wrote:

My initial thought was a blank restrictor but that doesn't make sense for a bolt action. Is it a cleaning rod guide?

Very neat collection though! This stuff can be as interesting as the rifles themselves.

Pretty good - 99%

It is an Armourers tool.

It is clamped around the muzzle and protects the muzzle crown when a steel rod is hammered down the barrel to clear blockages (4x2 cleaning cloth, or squib bullets)
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 1:58pm
Smart!  I should make some for our shop.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 3:37pm
I really like the kit with the saw and the saddle scabbard.  My old saddle had a scabbard designed for a 1873 slab sided 38/40 Winchester.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 9:02pm
the tool with all the gadgets looks alot like the tool for the pattern 53 Enfield.(which I have & use)
Great stuff!
Loose wimmen tightened here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

I really like the kit with the saw and the saddle scabbard.  My old saddle had a scabbard designed for a 1873 slab sided 38/40 Winchester.

The 'bucket' doesn't seem to have changed since 1890, except that "Strap B" doesn't seem to be on the later ones.
I can find no later documentation (although there is reference to a 'new' bucket in LoC 12714 dated 1905) and it seems to have remained similar right thru WW1.

Anyone got access to a copy of Loc 12714 ?

The only marking I can find on it is a /|\ just under the top 'rim'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

I really like the kit with the saw

They were still issued in WW2, I recently had a WW2 version but as WW1 / SMLE accessories are 'more my thing' I sold it on to a guy in the US.

WW2 Saw Kit.
In this issue there were 4 (half) handles that screwed together to make it a 2-person, 2-handed saw.
It also had handles that could also be used to hold the sharpening file, and / or the saw-tooth setting tool.

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 4:00am
I had to laugh when I saw the saw tool; because last week while in a DIY/Gardening shop; they had a promotional video selling the "latest" gadget for cutting branches.
You guessed it; a hand held chain link saw. A total rip-off of the WWI type.
Best bit of the video was the women stnding under the branch she's cutting; unfortunately the filem cut's to another shot before she saw's through it completely and ends up wearing the branch!
Must say it makes more sense using it with two people.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic