Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An assortment of accoutrements and accessories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 6:37am
A learning moment for me too.  I had seen a photo (don’t know where) before, showing this wire cutter, however i just figured it was a damaged rifle, and remember wondering what would do that to a rifle?

I guess the front woods would have suffered from the usage...

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 7:09am
I embedded the video for you, it works now.
To do this use Post reply, button, not "quick reply" then post the link into the dialog box that opens when you click on the film strip icon above.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

I embedded the video for you, it works now.
To do this use Post reply, button, not "quick reply" then post the link into the dialog box that opens when you click on the film strip icon above.

Many thanks.

Now a relic picture :

Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 7:27am
did you dig those?

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 8:04am
... WD-40 should do the trick...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Whitjr Whitjr wrote:

did you dig those?

No, I found the pictures on a WW1 'relic diggers' forum.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 10:20am
Thanks for taking time to try the bayonet with the "Protector, muzzle, No.3 MarkI". Learned something new. Makes sense really; the Army being keen on going over the top with bayonets fixed. I assume the protector would be opened manually before the need to fire. But I bet there are few of them that have been shot through.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Marco1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 9:59pm
Just had the luck to find one of the Cavalry carbine buckets, almost identical to the one in photos, likley used with the NZ carbine. still in good complete condition , few cracks in the leather, but still usable. belonged to a chap who used it to cart around his lever action winchester in it when he rode out hunting on his farm. broad arrow stamped with number 65.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Marco1010 Marco1010 wrote:

Just had the luck to find one of the Cavalry carbine buckets, almost identical to the one in photos, likley used with the NZ carbine. still in good complete condition , few cracks in the leather, but still usable. belonged to a chap who used it to cart around his lever action winchester in it when he rode out hunting on his farm. broad arrow stamped with number 65.

Great find - get some Dubbin (or leather wax) rubbed into it, it may help to bring the leather back to life.

A few years ago I found a Pat 1907 bayonet stuck in a beam in a barn (along with its scabbard), it was being used by a farmer to cut the strings on his bales of hay / straw. Did a deal and swapped it for a pocket knife.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic