Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frogs found hopping around my mailbox

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frogs found hopping around my mailbox
    Posted: June 04 2020 at 12:59pm
I have bayonets and scabbards but no frogs.  Until today. Thank you so very much englishman_ca.  The bayonets and scabbards thank you as well. And no, the POF blade will not index correctly in the scabbard. 
Stumpkiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumpkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 1:07pm
That's the Second Plague in Exodus, isn't it?  Bunches of frogs.

Doesn't look so bad. 

But you are going to need suspenders.  ;-)
Charlie P.

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 1:11pm
I like frog!

Really I do.

Nothing like frog legs and brown rice for dinner.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 1:15pm
I was stuck in Roberts Louisiana for a week and every dinner consisted of boudin balls,frogs legs,catfish,and hushpuppies. I liked shopping at the Piggly Wiggly too...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 1:37pm
I vote for that!

I love going to "The Pig", as it is called here.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 2:24pm
I've always liked Piggly Wiggly..Had me first hush puppies just outside of Pittsburg Landing(thats Shilo- for you Yankee types).

Little place called "Pat's Cafe" They were actually mentioned in the National Geographic years ago as having the best catfish dinner platter anywhere! Damn fine people!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 3:20pm
the post has gone so far afield as to be ‘waaaay over there...  but I ‘ll add to the fracas....  did you hear about what the frog said to the curvy blond in the bar?   “Toady, toady, toady, darlin’ them’s some fine lookin’ hoppers you got there...”

Snare drum roll:  Ta dum dum!

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 3:37pm
Sometimes you have to go waaaay over there,sometimes. It'll get back on track eventually...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:26pm
That sounds like a Henny Youngman joke.
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 6:51pm
rhose are some nice frogs.  I bought on leather one for my pattern 1907, supposed to be an original WWI
Leather looked a bit old and tired.  Used some of Birkenstock sandal leather cleaner on it, then followed it with some Kiwi...  the old leather softened up some, at least enough where i could get it in the scabbard in it, came out real nice.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 7:48pm
those look great , there were frogs on the ones i sent you as well , you do need a heavy duty belt to carry them all , even the little ones add up , but ill say this - your collection is building very nicely , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 7:51pm
Thank you very much. I will definitely let you know when they get here...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 3:51am
I have a chrome scabbard and polished spike bayonet for the No4 rifle. I assume it's a parade version.
Think the spike is Longbranch; but will have to check.

There seems to be varying lengths of Frog as well; at least the few bayonets that I have seem to have a variety of frog's. I don't really now what is correct and what is not.
Won't be able to post photos until next week though.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 4:19am
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a French invaision .
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 7:00am
Can you say "Thread drift"?

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 8:47pm
there were a number of frogs issued over the years , because supply did not always meet demand you will find all are correct but some are better historically depending on issue era , i think those above to be later issue , only because of material and design , but im not familiar with them , maybe simon will jump in and enlighten us a bit more 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic