Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just waiting in the barrel...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just waiting in the barrel...
    Posted: July 19 2020 at 6:09pm
I removed the old barrel and got down to focusing on improving the trigger pull. I started by putting a small bevel on the trigger and sear axis pin holes. I then stoned the sides of both so they can move freely without any friction during movement. The cocking piece, sear,and trigger contact points were then polished with a very fine jeweler's rouge.  The sear spring is out of a No1Mk111*. It still retains the two stages. However,because of how high a polish was achieved, it feels more like a single stage and the trigger pull is now a nice clean and consistent pull with a 36 ounce let off.
The scope bases are PH BA21 for the rear and a PH19 for the front. The scope rings are Bisley HT075 with 30mm main tube and a 17mm dovetail base with guide pins. The scope is a Lucid 6-24×50 with side focus...

WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 9:05pm
Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished rifle.  What furniture are you going with?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 9:12pm
A complete No4Mk2 furniture set. All walnut.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic