Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reloading > Reloading .303 British
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graf & Sons Reloadable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol Man Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graf & Sons Reloadable
    Posted: November 13 2020 at 3:20pm
Has anyone used Graf and Sons .303 ammo?  I’m interested in buying it first to shoot then to reload.  I’ve recently gotten into reloading after buying a Dillon automated press.

britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2020 at 6:07pm
I have not tried it, but I can say from experience that the Hornady 174 gr BTHP bullets shoot very well in my No. 4 rifles and PPU brass is probably the best .303 Brass made currently.  

The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 12:48am
Seconded - PPU is (probably) the best, non-military, brass in the world.

Win, Rem etc are manufactured towards the bottom end of SAAMI specifications whilst PPU is nearer the top end.

A comparison of Win and PPU brass (guess which is which)

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 3:10pm
PPU brass is great! I use it almost exclusively
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Ol Man Beezer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol Man Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 3:15pm
Thanks you, for the replies.  I was unsure of the PPU brass but you guys have helped with my decision to buy the Graf & Sons ammo.  
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2020 at 3:19pm
I’m tracking the number of reloads on a 50 round batch of PPU brass.  Now at 12 reloads (neck sizing only) and the brass still looks great.  It will soon get its first partial length resize and trim, then begin the neck sizing cycles again.  
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 12:10pm
PPU is very good. I swapped to PPU from Remington, which was of limited value for reloading. The last batch of Remington that I bought I decided not to use, as I found a couple of the new cases had small splits in the neck area; (these are unfired cases). So now they are a reserve lot.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2020 at 12:41pm
I'm up to 8 on some of mine using Partial full length resizing.
No signs of problems yet.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic