Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morning coffee/ and weather reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 10:17am
83 degrees this afternoon, plunging to 68 tomorrow.  nice weather to remove the squirrel babies from the wheel well of my truck and fix the wires the parents chewed thru when they chewed up all the insulation for a nest.  all the black nest material was once a pressed fiber shaped insulation pane.
double gun
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 10:30am
Guess we know what you'll be having for supper tonight!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 11:24am
We often see rodent damage in cars after winter hibernation.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 11:35am
Thawing out in Texas  finally got internet access

coldest  was -2F  Power out  during that  so it got to 49F inside my place

Grumpy grumpy Old Man hereWink
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by devrep devrep wrote:

83 degrees this afternoon, plunging to 68 tomorrow.  nice weather to remove the squirrel babies from the wheel well of my truck and fix the wires the parents chewed thru when they chewed up all the insulation for a nest.  all the black nest material was once a pressed fiber shaped insulation pane.

Squirrels can / will do more damage than people realize. Large source of housefires due to their wire chewing. Few years back one of my pards parked his Honda right at the huntcamp. It was locked & sat for a few days. He had some foodstuffs & clothes in it. When it came time to retrive the foodstuffs(in a locked cooler) it was noticed there were signs of mice in his car. Further investigation showed they had set up house inside his glovebox. We chased them all out, but we found insulation from the engine compartment in the nest.(oh-oh).
Things didn't look too bad..but when he went home it was a different story. He lives in London (Ontario.) he had a 500 km drive. He was going down the highway & his headlights would blink off & on, side to side, climate control went wonky. They got into the main wiring harness..what an expensive mess.
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 2:53pm
30 in NC over night with light rain or ice.

Tomorrow 32 to 36 and dry.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 9:32am
Got power, water and the high is going to be slightly above freezing today

Odd how that is now just great news!Smile
Have a Nice Day
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 10:28am
I lived in Texas for about 5 years back in the 80's.  none of the homes were equipped to deal with cold.  same here in Florida.  
double gun
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 10:49am
I remember hearing about people collapsing from heat exhaust  in Europe a few years ago when it  was 95F/35C  which is a "Cooler" weather in Texas in August
Have a Nice Day
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 11:35am
Anything under 100°F here is affectionately referred to as Sweater Weather. 
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 1:51pm
it was a cold windy morning in ATL.  I was planning to go to the range to do some load testing on my new AR match barrel but got called in to work by the big boss...well, tomorrow is going to be better, a bit warmer and no wind.  

I’m going to try out Dan Newberry’s Optimal Charge Weight (OCW) method.  Got the rounds all loaded up, in increments of 0.3 grains.  It’s supposed to give me the optimal load in less than 20 rounds...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by SW28fan SW28fan wrote:

I remember hearing about people collapsing from heat exhaust  in Europe a few years ago when it  was 95F/35C  which is a "Cooler" weather in Texas in August

Yep, & they were "South Asians" (Indian) too.
I remember when "book keeping" which was all Indian-staffed at "J.J. Silbers (Canon & others stuff importers) was in the old "Place of Industry" building in Wembly. (London)! Were having nosebleeds & being taken to the horse pustule!
We moved our desks out onto the balcony, & worked in shirtsleeves.
I forget the year but David Bowie was doing "Ziggy Stardust" across the road at the old Wembly Stadium'!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 7:21am
beautiful morning here, chilly -12, sun shine and the surrounding forest looks of glistening jewels all covered in hoarfrost.  Thumbs Up
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 7:47pm
we got into the +20s today , first time in a couple weeks , tomorrow supposed to be in the +30s and that will be almost a 60 degree rise in a week , if all comes true we will be in the +40s first of the week - thats near unheard of in feb here , it might thaw the snow and ice from my driveway if im lucky , it will seem like spring [sorry texas] but i suspect we now get to look forward to more snow for march and april , nuthin ever amazes me anymore but this is always a pleasant surprise , 

truth - if i never start my snow blower again this year ill be happy , but id rather that than subzero again this year , im old and tired of winter again , there are days when i look out the window and think wonderland with fresh snow and deer and other critters tracks and stuff but ive had enough of that for this year , 

i got a bit of bad info yesterday from an older marine buddy of mine thats going into the VA for cancer treatment this week , he is a dear and close friend , ive lost a lot of VN era friends over the years with agent orange and such , im not ready to loose this one , 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 8:28am
Incoming Prayers.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 9:04am
Sorry about your buddy, true old friends are hard to lose or see sick. Prayers and thoughts to him and his family, and you of course. Rainy here like usual for the west coast. An atmospheric river is flowing through right now. Got cabin fever, had it since that damned Covid19 started. There will be an end to this virus, and an end to wintry weather. Looking forward to spring! Spring bear hunting season opens here in a few weeks.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 36>
  Share Topic