Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield-Rifles Forum Virtual Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2021 at 9:55am
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2021 at 10:40am
No problem here.
When I first started getting scores from U.S. matches I couldn't believe the scores.
Then it dawned on me they were inside scoring, we were outside scoring!
Its amazing how much difference it makes! Re score some old targets if you don't believe me.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2021 at 11:02am
When practicing or just shooting for fun; I generally score low. That is to say; if the majority of the bullet is in the lower number, that's what I'll count. That way; when competing, you won't be disappointed! 
However when using the 10m air rifle targets, the hole is always in more that one score so score the highest broken line.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2021 at 12:03pm
No problem at all Goosic, I expect you will be able to keep all ten shots well within the X ring of the SR target (1.5 MOA).  

I had to pick the US NRA method as this is how the electronic scoring system is set up at the range I shoot at.  
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 10:35am
Got another missing peace. Found a workout mat at walmarts, to put on the ground, now waiting on my targets.
David Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 11:29am

Enfield-Rifles Forum Virtual Match

My attempt at the virtual match. I must confess that I shot it unsupported, at 50 metres, with SR reduced for 50 yrds targets, but I used a sitting position. We got 60 cm of snow the week before so a prone position was a bit messy. I was shooting my Lee Enfield Canadian No. 7 and Lee Enfield No. 8. The No. 7 is as issued, the No. 8 has a diopter sight set up. T'was all good fun until my trigger finger got cold.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 1:37pm
Very nice!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 1:40pm
Gents, here is our first participant for Class 3 Lee Enfield .22 Trainers.   And a very good result, particularly because it was shot in the sitting position.  

Looks to me that both scored 99, but I can’t tell how many are in the X ring for the No. 8 rifle, looks like at least 4x.  The No. 7 also looks like a 99-4x.  

klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 2:01pm
Well done Sir, Nice Job.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

Gents, here is our first participant for Class 3 Lee Enfield .22 Trainers.   And a very good result, particularly because it was shot in the sitting position.  

Looks to me that both scored 99, but I can’t tell how many are in the X ring for the No. 8 rifle, looks like at least 4x.  The No. 7 also looks like a 99-4x.  

I think you may find that an ongoing challenge! That's why we shot on THESE:
For 25 yd .22 matches.
NOTE: NOT to scale!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2021 at 1:48pm
OK guys, here’s my entry for Class 1 Lee Enfield Service Rifle shot today at the CMP Talladega range.  I only shot one group prone slow fire today, the others were rapid fire and standing slow fire (practice for next weeks Talladega 600 match).

Rifle:  No. 4 Mk 1/3 Long Branch, Mk 1 Service Sight
Load: 40 gr Varget under 174 grain Sierra MatchKing, WLR primer, PPU case, 3.05 in OAL

Shot on NRA SR Target, 200 yards prone with sling (no support).  I did not dress warm enough, it was 37 deg with a 10 mph wind from the North.  Not an excuse, but I think it did affect my shooting. 

No sighters, no warming shots.  My first two shots were high in the 10 ring so I came down one click on the rear sight.

Score was 100-4x.  

klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2021 at 1:57pm
Well Done ,Sir !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2021 at 2:04pm
Thank you Klondike.  I can do better, but wanted to get this kicked off.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2021 at 2:22pm
I have never shot in competitions or anything so I have a question. What's the rate of fire for slow fire and rapid fire?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2021 at 2:40pm
Bear, that will depend on the match rules.  Here in the US, the CMP “Games” Rifle competition rules are: 10 minutes for 10 rounds slow fire and 80 seconds for 10 rounds rapid fire.  

The rapid fire time of 80 seconds starts with the shooter standing with 5 rounds in the magazine and bolt closed on an empty chamber.   You must first get into the prone position and also perform a magazine reload after shooting the first 5 rounds.  It’s plenty of time, once you get used to the pace.  
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 6:27am
Geoff,
If I shoot this target with my Long Lee, which category would I shoot under?
The forend is chopped, and it has a Peddy rear sight.

Best,
Richard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic