Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield-Rifles Forum Virtual Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 3:23pm
Nice!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Potato749 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Potato749 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 3:25pm
Imagine how much better that would have been with just a bump to that sightTongue
Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 3:40pm
I also refit some new(er)wood to a LB No4 * marked rifle and had it to the range for the first time today for the third SR 1 entry. The first shot high and left caught me by surprise because the trigger is light and reacts differently with live ammo. The first stage is nearly non existent and it was cold but Im hesitant to mess with it because the let off is real nice. I had to swap sling with my other rifle but I like it because my kid got it for me from his old base at the MCX.Thumbs Up
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 6:14pm
Good to see some more targets posted on the Forum Virtual Match. 

Doco, I count a 95-1x and a 92.  Not sure on the second target, hard to tell on two of the shots it they touched the 8 and 9 rings or not. 

I encourage everyone to score your own targets using the scoring rules posted. 
Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 6:36pm
I would have to go back and look at it. I don't think they did.
Anniversary day today and the old girl wasn't happy to the range first and then to supper!
28 years later you would think they would get used to it but they become more patient and forgiving I guess.
If she was scoring it definatley would have been outside for sure but then I may have had to stay longer.
Thanks for calling it for me.
The second target with the LB rifle was one right after the other fire from the magazine so I could get the heck off the range before she left me for good Smile
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 10:41am
In memory of Simon Young/Englishman-ca. 

Preface: Two of the SR-1 targets had the tiny red square on them and I blacked them out prior to shooting. The SR-1 target with no red square, As Per the scoring has all ten shots in the X-Ring with the one lone bullet hole in the ten ring breaking the line so is scored for the X-Ring.

I shot three of the SR-1 targets today with 10 shots all placed in the X Ring so basically, a perfect bowling score. The sighting in target was used specifically for all out accuracy.  The loaded round used was the duplicated M852 Match Round. 42.0grns of IMR4895, Hornady 168grn HPBT seated to an O.A.L. of 2.755" and GM215M primers. The scope on the Faux L8A5T is a JANA 3-9×32. I did what I set out to do with the Faux L8A5T and with that, I leave the Virtual Match with what I am offering today.
Pouring one out for you Englishman-ca...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 11:18am
Gentlemen of the Lee Enfield Forum, we have our first 100-10x shooter in the Unlimited Class.  Well done Gossic!

I’m throwing out the challenge to all, who will be the first to shoot 100-10x in the LE Service Rifle Class?  See first post for rules on LE Service Rifle class.  

303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 3:32pm
I am entering my first target in the match under the service rifle class with a home made sr-1 target.
By the scoring listed in the first post, I scored a 90-2x. I used my only Lee Enfield, a savage No4 mkI*, and was shooting my hunting load of 40 grains of Re15 behind Hornady’s 174 grain round nose Interlocks with Federal 210 large rifle primers. No my best shooting but I think I can do better with practice.

It wouldn’t set any records but it will provide a minimum score to beat.
And congratulations Goosic on a perfect score and good shooting to everyone.
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 3:35pm
The picture of the target turned sideways. The right side is actually the bottom.
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
AussieShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 10:36pm
I think this is a brilliant idea.  I am not sure where I can access a 200-yard range in the Chicago area but I am sure the googeler can help me.   May be able to organize the 100 yard target at my mates.
"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges" - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 3:17am
You made a great start .303Hunter.  40 grains of Re15 is an excellent load.  

For those shooting in the Service Rifle class, get yourself a sling.  I’m partial to the US 1903 pattern for prone shooting.  When you learn how to use it, it will shrink your groups in half.  

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 5:41am
As I mentioned, I have the identical twin to .303Hunters rifle! I really like the look of it and lots of people at the range come over and ask about it.
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 8:05am
Wonderful shooting, Goosic! And specially so when dedicated to Simon.

Those are some targets  to keep!

Freezing cold again last night, but hope to gat a crack at this myself.
Thanks for posting your target as well, >303 Hunter!
It's great to see more participating!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 2:56pm
Our range has just been plowed out, but it is open. We got another snow hit last night (10 cm) and it turned cold again. Looks like a nice week coming up, but it will be at least six weeks before our 100 yd range is accessible. Probably two or three until you can reach the 50 yd, but that's a moot point as I do not have a L-E .22, but rest assured I'll be sending some .22 down range with the Cooey the minute conditions permit!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 11:32am
1st trip of the year to the 200metre range last week. It needed a vacation to find the time!
Last outing was in early September 2020. 
So this is not an official entry into the virtual match; due to using the same target for both rifles. Just thought I'd post here as a progress report! Fired prone with sling, no additional support.
I took the L39A1 and the No1MkIII*. I started with the L39. Using 155 grain SMK with 39.8 grains of SP7 in GGG Nato cases. I had fitted a new sling to this rifle for the test. It's a British made replica of the 4T sniper sling. 
I could not get comfortable with it; it's too short; requiring a change in forward hold position.
I fired 3 sets of 5 rounds. First 5 were poor; including a couple of 7's. The last set was better and getting the start of a group. This load requires more testing when I get a longer sling fitted.

The No1 MkIII* was not adjusted correctly. (With this PH rear site; you need to remove or raise the rear sight to remove the bolt). As I'm still testing loads I have not zeroed it properly yet. Started too low with first 5 shots. (first round was the 2 I believe). Added 6 clicks; it was better but still too low. Added 3 more clicks, but it should have been only 1 or 2!. Still learning this sight.
However I was happy with the final group of 5 shots. I was feeling more comfortable and had less personal errors. 

The rifles.

This is the last set of 5 shots from No1MkIII* with PH5A rear sight. 174 gr SMK PPU case and 38.6 grains of N140. I had the longer Turner sling on this rifle.
I'm happy with this load; it's easy on the shoulder and gives good groups when I do my bit. This is at 200 metres, so about 220 yards.
Note the white stickers were from the L39 test.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 11:53am
Zed, I bet it was great just to get out to the range and shoot again!

That last five shoots is a great group for 200 metres.  Looks like they would all be within the 10 ring with a sight adjustment.  IIRC, the 10 ring on your target is the same size as the NRA SR Target X ring.  If you can shoot a score of 100 on your target, you can shoot 100-10x on the SR target.  

Very nice looking rifles!  

The sling on the No. 1 looks like a US M1903 Sling. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
  Share Topic