Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield-Rifles Forum Virtual Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Olddust Olddust wrote:

That is a tidy job. A well tuned machine.When did you last actively compete with it? We have an annual 303 shoot up here my province which I plan to participate in. They do not allow the globe front or magnification. But a plain PH 5 is allowed with the blade. Our club has a member with past Imperial Match experience so itโ€™s going to be tough.
I have never competed with it Olddust. 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 7:26am

[/QUOTE]

Goosic, could you describe your sitting position in detail?  

[/QUOTE]
Do an internet search of Carlos Hathcock and you will see how I sit.
The only actual difference being that I have to keep my right leg extended out so when viewed from the top I look like a V. 

britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 7:55am
Never seen anyone using that position before.  Interesting. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 8:02am
Here is my sitting position. Gives me a pretty stable support for the rifle thru left forearm to left knee and left lower leg supported by right boot to ground.  Sling really helps too.  Rifle has a slight cant to the right because of the forward lean of my back. 

Olddust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olddust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 9:29am
I am just working on prone. I am brand new at organized target shooing. Our 303 match is in October so I have some time. Hoping to get some clean strings before then, my goal is not dead last. Everyone else will have significant experience over myself. This virtual match is a great way to challenge myself and share it with others doing the same. 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 11:13am
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

Here is my sitting position. Gives me a pretty stable support for the rifle thru left forearm to left knee and left lower leg supported by right boot to ground.  Sling really helps too.  Rifle has a slight cant to the right because of the forward lean of my back. 

As soon as I get the chance,  I will have the significant other take a photo of me with the No4Mk1* and one with the No4Mk1/2 to show the slight difference in head tilt. I cannot sit cross-legged and have to keep the right leg extended due to extensive surgeries and a big L-shaped plate screwed to my femur. The left leg that was damn near severed off below the knee still works fine oddly enough. 
The left arm is used on top of the knee and holds the rifles magazine in the crook of the arm. The left hand grips the right wrist and assists with holding the rifle down and back towards the shoulder. It works very similar to how a Ransom Rest works...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 5:24am
Does anyone know if and where the targets used for this "match" are available in Canada? Now that I'm retired, I don't have "free" use of a copy machine.๐Ÿ˜ Thanks!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 5:32am
I just checked Amazon.ca. They have SR-1C NRA  100 yard targets. They are 10.5" x10.5" . Is that the ones I'm looking for? Thanks!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 5:33am
Last I search on line I couldn`t find any, that`s why I`ve been make them, I use tyvak, a large compass and a blk and silver sharpie markers.
Welcome to the land of, we used to but not any more lately.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Olddust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olddust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 7:45am
I can hook you up wi the a printable image . DM me an email, and print one at home and head to staples for copies
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 8:03am
Originally posted by shiloh shiloh wrote:

Last I search on line I couldn`t find any, that`s why I`ve been make them, I use tyvak, a large compass and a blk and silver sharpie markers.
Welcome to the land of, we used to but not any more lately.
Do you have to declare a roll of paper targets if mailing to Canada from Arizona?
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 8:36am
Good question. I wouldn't think so but our Prime Minister might consider me buying targets a terrorist act! As heinous as lawful protesting!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

I just checked Amazon.ca. They have SR-1C NRA  100 yard targets. They are 10.5" x10.5" . Is that the ones I'm looking for? Thanks!

Yes, these are the repair centers for the SR-1 Target (the SR Target reduced for shooting at 100 yards).  Scoring rings out to the 7 ring which is plenty for prone shooting. 

Olddust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olddust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 10:45am
I have a pdf, I printed one and went to staples for 100copies. Much cheaper than the shipping from Amazon.ca 
If you want a copy of this pdf private message me with an email and I will send it to you.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 12:58pm
Will do! Thanks!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 1:01pm
Olddust. What size of paper do you get it printed on?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 23>
  Share Topic