Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield-Rifles Forum Virtual Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 12:23pm
Next submission in service rifle, with taller front sight(045) shot with Savage No4, in sling off elbows from bench.(club has no accommodation for prone)
Ammo home rollies, PPU brass, win primers 38gr imr 3031, 150gr FBSP bullets
I count 95,3-10x.
A definite improvement, still using a 6:00 hold. My first 5 are in the 10 the next 5 opened up and
strung in the 9 ring, the barrel was warming up a bit.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 1:34pm
Most definite improvement.  And with only a bit more work, you will hold the 10 ring.  Well done! 

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 3:17pm
My submittal using my 17L3926 No4Mk1* with a PH1 globe front sight and a PH5C rear using a 1.5x Gehmann diopter. I used the Lapua 200grn .3105" FMJ rebated BT. This was done this morning at a proper 100 yards in the sitting position. 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 3:26pm
That beast is disgustingly nice!
I love it.Hug
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 3:29pm
Nice shooting! Awesome looking rifle! How did you affix the front globe sight?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 5:36pm
Gossic, for clarification, do you mean sitting at the bench or sitting on the ground unsupported?  Score looks like 100-8x.  Either way, that is a great result for a Lee Enfield, about a 2 MOA group. And a great looking rifle.  

Guys, we need to pull up our socks. We got a potential National Champion here.  
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 5:48pm
Sitting in the dirt.

Olddust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olddust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 5:58pm
Damn fine work!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 6:13pm
Yup.  Gossic could be a World Champion with shooting like this.  I’ve never seen anything like it. Wish I could convince him to compete with his Lee Enfield.  It would give credit to himself and to James Paris Lee and those at Enfield Lock that developed the rifle.  It would definitely show that the LE is the most accurate of all WWII battle rifles, and equal to the best of the modern High Power match prepped rifles. I’ve rarely achieved this standard in prone slow fire with my No. 4.  I’d like to know his secret….

We post our individual targets here on the honor system. And I trust our members. But, unfortunately, our results here are are only just interesting.  Proof is in the pudding, it comes only when we enter actual matches.  Thats what gets entered into the record.  It’s a shame really…

Olddust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olddust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 6:55pm
Goosic, can you give us a close up of how the globe sight attached up front? Ive seen old pics of competition no4’s with this type of sight but never in real life.

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 7:17pm
I filed off the bayonet lugs and then sweated/silver soldered on a dovetail base block...
Olddust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olddust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 12:52am
That is a tidy job. A well tuned machine.When did you last actively compete with it? We have an annual 303 shoot up here my province which I plan to participate in. They do not allow the globe front or magnification. But a plain PH 5 is allowed with the blade. Our club has a member with past Imperial Match experience so it’s going to be tough.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 5:09am
I think there needs to be another category for our virtual match for those shooting service rifles with as issued battle sights.
High tech rear aperture and peep sights put us at an obvious disadvantage.

Ya, I`m whining  Wink

Nice shooting Goosic  Thumbs Up
Olddust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olddust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 5:25am
Shiloh,I don’t  think you need to whine lol..goosic is in the unlimited class, because of the magnification. Or at least that’s what I interpreted from the classes post in this thread.

shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 5:54am
Ya I know, but battle sights are just that, battle sights and tough to master.
And I like to whine LOL, gives me some thing to do.

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Olddust Olddust wrote:

Shiloh,I don’t  think you need to whine lol..goosic is in the unlimited class, because of the magnification. Or at least that’s what I interpreted from the classes post in this thread.

Correct.  Unlimited class.  

Goosic, could you describe your sitting position in detail?  I’m always looking for ways to improve my position.  It took me several years to find a position that significantly reduced my abdominal pulse, it was horrible, the sights would track the full height of the 10 ring, and sometimes into the 9 ring. 

Id also like to see you shoot on the SR-1 target in the Standing position.  This is my weakest position, it’s a good day when I can keep all 10 shots in the black (9 ring).  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>
  Share Topic