FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So is this the wrong scabbard?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Potato749 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Potato749 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So is this the wrong scabbard?
    Posted: January 07 2021 at 6:29am
10-4. Thanks for the info. I'll have to be on the lookout for one.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 10:18pm
from what i can see - you have the 2nd US version of the scabbard made for the M1917 , 

it will fit the M1917 , P1913 and the P1907 blades as the blade is identical in all three , the first two were patterned after the third with different muzzle rings and grip scales with grooves to differentiate them in the supply system , 

FYI it could also be the 3rd model made for WWII but i dont think so , 
i think what you will need to do is buy a P1907 scabbard and sell this one to someone with an M1917 bayonet , value should be the same 
Potato749 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Potato749 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2021 at 7:16pm
I've got a 1907 Wilkinson bayonet but the scabbard isn't like one I've seen in pictures exactly. Instead of a stud for a frog, it has a metal connector like would go on a U.S. Web belt. On the top metal it has 295 in ink and a stamp of GF. On the body there is GK on one side of the spine and G.H.Y. on the other. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic