Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Enfield Oiler Markings List is now mobile-friendly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield Oiler Markings List is now mobile-friendly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Enfield-Stuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enfield Oiler Markings List is now mobile-friendly
    Posted: January 19 2021 at 3:22pm

The Enfield-Stuff  Fast Mark Finder  list of markings found on Lee-Enfield oil bottles/oilers has been updated.  The 100+ markings are (mostly) in alphabetical order.  The list is here: Enfield-Stuff Oiler Fast Mark Finder

If you have an oiler marking that is not on the list, I would very much like to hear from you.

A list of oiler markings organized by country is here: Lee-Enfield Oiler Markings by Country

If you know nothing about Lee-Enfield oilers/oil bottles, start here: Enfield-Stuff Field Guide to Lee-Enfield Oilers

If you have a new or unknown mark, I would very much like to hear from you.

Enfield-Stuff

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 1:38am
Thanks for posting. I'll have to have a look at my oiler's .
I also have a butt disc that I want to identify so maybe your site can help with that too.

Zed.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 2:08pm
nice , should be a sticky at the top 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 4:07pm
A sticky, absolutely yes!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 5:01pm
Let me see if I can do that.
Apparently not.
HOADIE!
can you lock it?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Enfield-Stuff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield-Stuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 10:28pm
UPDATE 2021-02-09

Nigel Utting (Bailiwick of Jersey, Channel Islands, British Isles) has been busy.  First, he picked up an ultra-rare, never-before-reported, Nobel Explosives Company marked oiler (SEE Oilers: England  https://enfield-stuff.com/Pages/3-oilers/3-3-3_makers_ENG-2.html ); shortly thereafter he unearthed some rare South African Small Arms Committee minutes of Jan 1942 and June 1942 that outline orders placed and received for oilers from AECO – a documented link to “Associated Engs” – as well as several other previously unknown South African manufacturers of oilers.  (See Oilers: South Africa https://enfield-stuff.com/Pages/3-oilers/3-3-6_makers_ZAR.html )  Thank you, Nigel!!

Thank you, FlightRN/GunBoards (USA) for the picture of the previously unreported Afghan Type 04 oiler.  (See Oilers: Afghanistan  https://enfield-stuff.com/Pages/3-oilers/3-3-8_makers_AFG.html). 

If you have an oiler with a mark that isn't listed, I'd love to hear from you.

Enfield-Stuff

Enfield-Stuff
SGonger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGonger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2021 at 7:30am
Good info;👍🍻
Anyone seen the Tardis Box anywhere? 🤨
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Let me see if I can do that.
Apparently not.
HOADIE!
can you lock it?

YAWN...scritch - scritch lock wot??
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2021 at 2:21pm
Mornin' squire!
Tongue
Make this thread a sticky.
Oh, never mind it worked now.
Thumbs Up
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
beartrapper999 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beartrapper999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2021 at 7:36am
here  is a pic of oiler  top and bottom from commerial rifle posted on rifle
Enfield-Stuff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enfield-Stuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2021 at 12:38pm
Thanks for the picture, BearTrapper999.

The bottom of the oiler is rounded, so it's a Mk III.

The WD (War Department) and Broad Arrow are British government markings.

And the Crown/Number/italic B are an inspection stamp from the Birmingham Small Arms Company.

Mk III oilers are a bit scarce, so it's definitely a keeper.

Enfield-Stuff
rb67mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 8:29am
Being a new member here and purchasing my 1st Enfield N05 Rifle, was there an oiler made for the N05? Yes, the N05 with its Buttpad Assembly doesn't allow an oiler to be stored in its butt stock. What oiler was issued with the N05? 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 12:10pm
I believe they were issued in a tin set, but not 100% sure on that, someone here will know for sure.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Strangely Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangely Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 2:43pm
Before the tin was issued the oiler and pull through were just kept in one of the basic (ammo) pouches, I believe the tin was issued towards the end of ww2. 
Mick
rb67mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 5:40pm
Thanks, shiloh, and Strangely Brown, I'm not planning to do any re-enactments, but I would like to have some original accessories for my N05. I just got in some stripper clips from Northridge International and I did see the cleaning kit they have in a tin. I'm not sure if that's a good price because this is the first time seeing this item. https://www.northridgeinc.com/product-p/smle-10.htm
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 5:44pm
That's a fair "going price" nowadays. The brush us quite collectable & driving the price up.
Just a note its fine for the sake of completeness but avoid actually cleaning with it.
They are infamous for grinding muzzles out of round from the inside if not used carefully & correctly.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic