Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pictures of the MLE bayonet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pictures of the MLE bayonet
    Posted: February 10 2021 at 10:19am
Guys does anyone have a picture you can share for the MLE Long Lee bayonet with the hole for the cleaning rod up close? I am trying to find out what it looks like for my search. specifically the latch and the hole for the rod. 
I may have found one, but I want to make sure I am looking at the right one. there are lots of different ones for sure.   thanks again. 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 2:14pm
see this for the exterior appearance you requested - 

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C226181

http://www.armsregister.com/arms_register/arms_register_documents/nzar_52_pattern_1888_bayonet.pdf

i cant find a quick look at the clearing rod hole , if you have access to "the lee enfield story" by skennerton , you will see an illustration of it on page 45 , 
FNQ303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNQ303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 5:11pm
gday all haven't been around for a while so hope everyone is well.Thumbs Up
Hope this helps!! 
Edited to say sorry I read ya post in a hurry and just realised ya wanted the bayonetLOL
Big B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 7:39am
hahahahaha no worries, thanks for trying. Good looking gun.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Big B Big B wrote:

It is a rifle.
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 8:19am
Rear of pommel for Pat. 1888 Mk I/2 showing mortist slot and extension bore to accommodate
head of clearing rod.

devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 9:42am
that a bad ass double edge.
double gun
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 4:02pm
yes one of the more elegant IMHO , as well as the rifles , but then i tend to the craftsmanship of the past - my kentucky rifle is one of my dearest , but black powder and flint are not my best area , american frontier cartridge is what im active in , 
FNQ303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNQ303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 1:14am

No worries B ...here's the rest of it just cause 🤣ðŸ»
FNQ303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNQ303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

It is a rifle.

And yet here's my "Rifle" sitting in a "Gun Rack"Wink
(Not trying to be a smarta##e just having a chuckle over the vagaries of languageLOL)HandshakeBeer
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 8:02pm
nice 0 got your reloading setup in a shed ? or is that something else ? 
FNQ303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNQ303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 9:31pm
gday A square
Yep that's the cleaning reloading and minor smithing bench in the shed out the back. Over here we can't store firearms in a rack on the wall unless they are chained and the room itself is basically a vault so I only use this one when I get home from a hunting trip etc and have a couple of rifles to clean or work onThumbs Up
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 10:09pm
yes , i hear that , i like your arrangement tho , i wish i could have my stuff in a separate facility , i like that you have the rack - and use it 

it reminds me of growing up , we had two rifles and shotguns hanging on the fireplace upstairs and down , we had four of them in the dining room , and i had four of them them in my bedroom , there were handguns in the closet and headboards of the bed , i had one hanging on my bedroom wall , its not that we were all that into guns , its more like they were just part of life , i had a civil war heavy cavalry saber hanging on my wall as well , not acceptable today ....but everything changes with time , we may see that become more the norm someday in the future , 

Big B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 6:19am
that is weird, I can’t see my picture of the bayonet? Werid!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 9:06am
I don't see any either.
How did you post them, I don't even see a link to them?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Big B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 10:22pm
yah too bad, I guess I am going to have to take my MLE and No4s to the story I found and see if the bayonet fits on the MLE and I’d the bolts work for the No4.s  I will take pics and let you know. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic