Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? inside a circle armorer marking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 8:28pm
i think you have been given the very best we have to offer , since ian is dead we shall never know more of his thoughts , i think you have a righteous rifle that deserves to be respected and i would be proud to own that one , congrats on your find and thank you for presenting it here for our consideration , 

this has inspired ca lot of thoughtful responses , that in itself has added to our knowledge here and to future collectors , i cant express enough how much gets learned by all in these discussions and ill add that as we age and go away much of this will pass away as well , ive learned a lot from this thread 
AussieShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2021 at 7:42am
Great advice Homer.  I do tend to over analyze stuff.  It all stems from my first car purchase when I was 18.  A 1969 Holden brougham.  I was duped worse than a Bernie Maddoff client, because I was young, dumb, and...well you know.  I have tended to over analyze stuff since then. 

I want to respond to Asquare comments about Ian being dead  Mate, are you referring to Ian Skennerton?   I emailed with someone called Ian Skennerton, who appears to give me knowledgeable insights on enfields. I also searched the googler.  I think he’s still upright!
"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges" - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2021 at 9:22am
Great detective work gent's. It's always a pleasure to learn something new!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic