Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did you miss me ? I won the lottery !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you miss me ? I won the lottery !
    Posted: August 20 2021 at 3:52pm
I have been on a journey and have a new kidney.

For our 48th wedding anniversary I received a new kidney  two days ago.
I have been in a organ program for four years and received a call last  Sunday  just a week after my own failed. I don't share much of my personnel  life  but  this is big enough  and such a  surprise  at a time when  the world seems so full doubts that  I hope it is a good and  worry share.

The call told us to get on a plane and  report to a transplant center  for a 98% good kidney  with a 99% match. I was met by an amazing  surgery  team that has treated  me so very well. A private room  with a view from the  7th floor, cratered  dinning  amazing staff I still can't believe.

Post op has been  smooth  with seamless  transition  to six weeks of care and instruction. I'm sure will prepare  me for the changes for the  rest of my life.

I'm sure most everyone  knows about the  organ rejection  meds and risks enhanced by COVID issues so it will be double  life changing.

Here I would  like to thank all the friends I have  made here and the rest of you  too for all the fun and common interests  we share and parts and critasysms  shared. WELL DONE GENTALMEN!

Going forward?  Well I have no idea how it will go.

I'm  in a slightly  emotional state but my message is that there is always hope if we give it a chance.

ATB

Monterey  Jack
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
AussieShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 4:19pm
mate, that is unbelievably great news. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the journey. God speed and good health. 
"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges" - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 4:25pm
Great news and greatful you're still with us MJ!!!
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery...

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 5:02pm
I wish you all the best moving forward. I actually know a couple of people that have had the similar surgery and they are leading very normal lives. 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 5:19pm
MJ11, thank you for sharing your news, I hope for the best outcome for you!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 6:39pm
Excellent news & thanks for sharing something so intensely personal.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 7:25pm
im very happy to hear this MJ , i am glad to hear your doing well and yes im aware of the transplant regiment but its simply a change of life style and adjustment to the new parameters of living within the new boundary's , you can do it , stay in touch my friend - we did miss you , we are also well aware of your past travels and thought that might have been the explanation , 

follow doctors orders and get well , 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 5:20am
good on ya, mate!
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 6:34am
Glad you are back.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
SGonger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGonger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 7:24am
Good news always good to hear well done ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘!
Anyone seen the Tardis Box anywhere? ๐Ÿคจ
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 12:00pm
Awesome news MJ!  Very pleased to hear this.  
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

Great news and greatful you're still with us MJ!!!
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery...

It was a close thing and then a  hand reached out to us.
Not just us but four lives were touched.

The generosity of this family is astounding.

Also I have to thank the Veterans Administration for their care and speed. I'm so tired of hearing complaints about care for veterans. We must consider there is always more than one side to any event.

In my case it all came together bin a mater of hours from across the country on a Sunday afternoon.
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 6:01pm
these stories are important for all to hear 
bcd8238 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcd8238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2021 at 3:22am
Hi MJ11,  Great news for you and your family. It is an intensely emotional time when you receive the gift of life. There will be times of great joy and maybe times of great sadness as you come through the recovery period. Every day is another step in the journey.

I had my phone call back in 2008 that a deceased doner kidney was available for me. I did have a time of sadness about the loss of a life so that I may live longer. I've now had the opportunity to see both of my sons finish High School and have one start work in a bank, the other graduated from University as a Registered Nurse. I've become a proud grandad (x6) in a blended family with my second marriage.

With a lot of attention to what the doctors say and having a drink of water every time I pass a tap, responsible diet and still enjoying cold beers, my health and kidney health is all within the normal ranges.

Best of luck with your own adventure. 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2021 at 5:38am
This is absolutely wonderful news MJ. 
Better than winning the lottery! Take care and the time necessary to recover and adapt to your new life. 
Investing in one's health is probably the most important investment we can make. 

To be honest, I didn't know you were away; it being vacation season here.
But it's great to have you back.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2021 at 11:04am
Good to hear you got a kidney and are on the mend. I sincerely hope it all goes smoothly for you MJ!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic