Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oldbikewrenchs ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oldbikewrenchs ramblings
    Posted: July 28 2007 at 1:14pm

Took some time off from posting, for that matter I pertty much went to work, came home, had family time until they all went to bed then read (books), prayed and thought about things. And I came up with this- I will still make certain rifles, the machine work can and will be farmed out to a guy I know and trust his work. I will still be sticking to sporterizing military surplus rifles (#1 MK111's, #4 MK1's, and M1917)  that are pretty rough but with good actions. I will also be making a couple of blackpowder rifles, at least one kind of American Longrifle (Lancaster), and an early 1800's Trade Rifle (Leman, Deringer, or English) all flintlocks. It's just going to take longer to do. But it does not matter. I am in no hurry.

I will also be picking up the pace (just a little) on my brain tanning of hides.
I have other thoughts that have to do with Wyoming, the American Mountain Men organization and being self supporting. But those thought are for another time. 
Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 1:34pm
There is a very well organized group(?) of folks doing mountain-man re-enacting/living.If U need help I can put U in touch with some of those folks.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 10:09pm
Had a Buddy in the army that was into Midevil re-enacting . the ole boy even made his own chain mell , and other things. Me and my Wife used to have the Guys over to our house for parties on the week ends and Snell the Midevil guy would tag along. he wouldnt drink with us but would sit in the living room and look over every inch of my old guns, some times he would even clean and oil them for me while every one else got plasterd.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
oldbikewrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 1:53pm
If I need help? Friend I'll take all the help I can get. I have a lot to learn so yes please put me in touch with those folks. And thank you very much hoadie!
And White Rhino that truly is a friend that cleans and oils your guns.
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 6:37am

oldbikewrench, he was one of those people that if you seen him in school or at the store you would never go out your way to meet him , But in the Army you really dont pick your Buddies by looks or personality , it just happens in the thick of what ever is happening. so people that normally would not fit in to the group now tend to find a nich some how and since he didnt drink like all the rest of us , then he just hung around and drug us out the gutter , or cleaned your Rifles for ya.

"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by oldbikewrench oldbikewrench wrote:

If I need help? Friend I'll take all the help I can get. I have a lot to learn so yes please put me in touch with those folks. And thank you very much hoadie!
And White Rhino that truly is a friend that cleans and oils your guns.

Ok just give me a little time & I'll get ahold of Ron Dean.He'll cough up some contacts.Just where are U located?
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
oldbikewrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 11:41am
Thank you. I am in Chadron, Nebraska. North west part of the state.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic