Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > 7.62 Enfield
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Utility Grade & User Friendly Faux Sniper Rifle
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Utility Grade & User Friendly Faux Sniper Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Utility Grade & User Friendly Faux Sniper Rifle
    Posted: November 17 2021 at 8:53am
     I have been working on getting my Faux L8A5T as light as possible. (I would actually like to use it next year for deer.)
I used all the stamped metal bits instead of the milled steel versions and I installed a Bushnell Tactical 10x40 scope with external windage and elevation turrets. With the addition of the Sile stock set and the aluminum bipod, this brings the weight of the rifle in at just over 7.5 lbs. This rifle is not for the purists. It was never intended to be a representation of an original L8 series rifle as well. I am pleased with what I have accomplished...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2021 at 11:53am
That should do the business! Happy hunting!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2021 at 12:00pm
Might get it under 7 lbs by removing the front sight protector, swivel at the main screw and the bipod.  That’s pretty darn light for a scoped No. 4. 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2021 at 1:00pm
My intention is to keep it the way it is with the bipod and front sight protector.  I have been using it as my go-to target rifle now since I got rid of the Remington M700P.  Results as it sits are still producing MOA/sub MOA groups with the fixed 10 power scope. My Faux PH Custom No4 with the 2A1 barrel weighs just under 7 lbs. 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2021 at 6:50pm
both nice looking results , hope that works for the deer you seek 
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2021 at 1:39pm
It looks great!
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Dragunov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragunov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2021 at 4:25am
Good looking grain in the wood! 

I have often wondered why though, every aftermarket butt stock I have seen appears to be in monte carlo rather than classic style.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2021 at 7:45am
That was a popular style back in the day of sporterizing. The higher rollover comb of the Monte Carlo was better for high-mounted scopes.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2021 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Dragunov Dragunov wrote:

Good looking grain in the wood! 

I have often wondered why though, every aftermarket butt stock I have seen appears to be in monte carlo rather than classic style.
Boyd's makes the classic/mountaineer style stock sets for the No1, No4, and No5 Enfield. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic