Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man In Black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Man In Black
    Posted: January 15 2022 at 9:09am
I have a Canadian Arsenal stamped two groove barrel that has been cut back to 22". I also have a crappy looking bolt action pistol that happens to be a Long Branch. I now have a less than crappy looking rifle. I'm not too keen on the Synthetic stock but, it is made to look just like a Sile Stock and I have a couple of those. I had a #2 bolthead when I started this endeavor. I now have a #0 bolthead after rechecking the headspace. So, a small plus there. I found my homemade faux Parker Hale looking 5 round magazine  and it now resides with the rifle as well...
Moosm14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2022 at 3:19am
Is that 5 round magazine reliable?
There is room for all of gods creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2022 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Moosm14 Moosm14 wrote:

Is that 5 round magazine reliable?
That 5 round magazine started life as a Savage made 10 round magazine and is as reliable as it was the day it was made. The spring follower does not get modified in any way so its all good to go...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2022 at 6:21am
I had purchased an aftermarket 10 round No4 magazine that I could not tweak good enough to deem dependable. I cut a section out of it and Mig'ed it together then buffed and painted. Works awesome in one of my Sporters, but I'd have to call it a 6 rounder!😁
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2022 at 11:43am
There's a company in the U.K. making replica 5 & 10 round ones that are good. Pricey, but good. Or the Japanese made 6 (or 7) round ones for the Santa Fe rifles.
https://riflemags.co.uk/lee-enfield-no-4-5-round-303-magazine/
currently out of stock though.
My 5 (7) round mag from Santa Fe.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic