Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Things I collect.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things I collect.
    Posted: May 16 2022 at 8:54am

1970's IWS bracket by Enfield with STANAG ARMS 30mm rings.

Cheers
..MJ..
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 9:34am
You don't happen to have an extra you'd be willing to sell would you?...
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 11:06am
Cry
Sorry I don't, there is a guy making copies at $750 I can try and look him up. I use mine often.

Wish I could help.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2022 at 6:49pm
you got a lot of nifty bits of enfield stuff 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2022 at 9:15am
Originally posted by MJ11 MJ11 wrote:

Cry
Sorry I don't, there is a guy making copies at $750 I can try and look him up. I use mine often.

Wish I could help.

I guess now would be a good time to design my own version then?
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 12:25pm

A two for the price of one that came my way.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 1:26pm
Nice,
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 2:48pm

Here is one I have had for 35 years and I'm stumped.

There is a bunch of stuff in this box but it's behind a ton of junk and this was all I could fish out.
All behind a little HONDA three wheeler.

Kids 6' 3" 240 pounds now.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 6:24pm
Can’t imagine what that handguard is for…

Makes me wonder what will become of all the rifles and bits I’ve collected will end up….
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2022 at 10:56pm
me too , but then im more used to fully assembled 
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

me too , but then im more used to fully assembled 

OK me too. It's been a long time but I can provide.

britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 1:28pm
That’s the rifle the handguard is for…
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 2:01pm
A G43? its on my bucket list but have yet to find one I can afford.
Must have been hard to be a nation with their heads up there butts, they should have came out shooting with these instead of a WWI rifle, always too little too late, not that I wanted the Naz`si to have the edge, but you know what I mean.
Nice piece of history, my fav go to rifle in Call to Duty.
cheers
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2022 at 8:40pm
Angry
Don't love them either but they were the premium infantry of their time.
Poorly politically led.

What a waste of fine infantry in lost causes.

The training cycles were so short but severe and punitive could be a death sentence.

I was surprised that in the 1960's we were training for WW1 with over the top and under the wire and live machine guns.  The last had two casualties on dead. What did that letter sound like to the families.

Then we were sent to the Central High Lands along the Cambodian border. One night busting bush we fell out onto a 20 foot wide hard scrabble road. And could smell exhaust from diesel motors. I crossed the road and got into the bush and saw a lite tank go by. A few trucks passed and we busted bush for at least ten of the longest minutes of my life.

You never know what fate will give you.

bubba ho tep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubba ho tep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 11:07am
Looks like a durafol synthetic G43 handguard. Either laminate or durafol type handguard is stupid $$$. Basically since G/K43's are so delicate and shed parts often such items are top $$$. I bet you could put that out at $350 and get it. It's that crazy on g/k43 bits.
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by bubba ho tep bubba ho tep wrote:

Looks like a durafol synthetic G43 handguard. Either laminate or durafol type handguard is stupid $$$. Basically since G/K43's are so delicate and shed parts often such items are top $$$. I bet you could put that out at $350 and get it. It's that crazy on g/k43 bits.

The last time I had it in my hand was in the 1990's and I was considering an offer of $400. Most I has seen had the front or the rear damaged. I think had sat on it from a 1944 DUV Berlin Lubecker G43. I sold to buy one of my first #4T's. I had put one of the Walther laminated wood hand guards in it's place. Put it away and out of sight with some other G43 stuff and forgot about it. Now I have stumbled on the box last week.

I had five G43's in my wasted youth at the time in the mid 1970's with two babies and one on the way I didn't have over $400 in any of the rifles as $400 was a big number at the time. Two I sold for #4T's way down the road never got more the $600 ea. Today it is crazy and junk is $1000. I see guys on the net with a table full of 99% rifles and wounder how lucky I was to get out with the shirt still on my back.

Here is some of the other stuff from the box and there seems to some in paper bags covered with rat pee and poo at the bottom that I'm leaving till Monday to deal with. I was shocked to see what magazines are going for and some of these guys today have dozens. Magazine pouches I see one guy with 20 and they were $350 years ago till a giant stash was found in Poland and Ukraine around 2000.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic