Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stand back I'm about to have a Bitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 7:24pm
I had it away with a Pig once .....went & squealed on me did'nt it !!!!Angry

Dave thats no way to talk about your ex wife!  Big%20smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

I had it away with a Pig once .....went & squealed on me did'nt it !!!!Angry

Dave thats no way to talk about your ex wife!  Big%20smile

The Day that rotten sl*g Dies I intend to be there to veiw the body & drive a wooden stake through It's rottern Black Heart just to make sure Ouch

Dave
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 7:36pm
And don't forget the garlic!
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 9:32pm
Just make sure she doen't ask to be buried at sea and wants you to dance on her grave!   Big%20smile 
   Dave pass the lifebelt Hurcombe!!!
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Just make sure she doen't ask to be buried at sea and wants you to dance on her grave!   Big%20smile 
   Dave pass the lifebelt Hurcombe!!!

Just be my luck !!!

Dave the Unsinkable
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 6:01pm
Things are looking up ! I've found a company in New zealand who will run me up a set of dies for $200.00 & a mate is looking up Sid churches (of Taipan & many wild cats based on the .303) Son Barry who apparently is a die maker amongst many  things ! So the 35-303 could be a goer ! The NZ company offered me a #4 in 375Win ......For $1200 !!!!!Shocked I declined the offer though! But it has got me thinking about a 38-55 or a 375 Win on a MkIII action .

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 10:23pm
Well good luck any way dave.

What are you thinking of using this big bore enfield on? Those bloody camels?
But the winters coming,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 10:27pm
I am planning to continue my lifes work of ridding Australia of camels with this rifle but mainly I want a light hard hitting Bush rifle for goats round here !

Dave
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 6:37am
Gibbs had a .45-70 Lee set up in jungle carbine format. That would pretty much stop anything here in North America. Figure a 400gr bullet at 1800fps or more.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:23am
Some blokes I know swear on the .243 to .308 for goats, and I use my .243 when chasing goats (only a 1 gun hunter at the moment, still working up a good load with the taipans for the 303 cant wait to use it on goats Thumbs%20Up) and I think it is enough gun. My old man said he shot his first goat with a .310 martini cadet. I am sure a 303-25 will do the job on goats as well.

But if you want to use a 303-35 to blow big holes in goats I am not going to stop you Evil%20Smile and I am sure it will be more than adequate for bowling anything else you come across like those filthy camels.

What else do you have running round the bush around where you live dave?
But the winters coming,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:05am
Round here we have ,Goats ,Roos, Emus ,Foxes ,Hares ,Rabbits ! I have to travel acouple of hours to get into Camel & dingo country ! The .243 is probarly the best all round cart in Australia for the one rifle Shooter ! It will take with ease most of the game the average shooter will encounter ! On saying this  I took my first Goat with a 310 & my first Roos were shot with a .22lr !
       The reason the 25-303 is still so popular was for the same reason as the .243 ! In it's day it was (& to many of us ) the Ideal rifle for Aust conditions ! It was a case of times change & we were victiams of advertiseing ! Stupid thing is I shoot a lot of Goats with the Hornet ,yet I love big bore rifles !I own a .243 & yet I still reach for the 303 or 30-30  for most of my Goat hunting ! I suppose the thing for me is that  after all these years of haveing to be so presise with shooting ,I feel that I can just sit back & have fun for a change &not have to be calculating the cost of each shot ,how many misses ,I make compared with the profit I'm makeing

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:35am
I might have to come down for a SA safari dave!

I can bring all my shootin' irons the browning trombone, the Tikka T3 in .243 and of course my Lithy 303 enfield down. You might let me have a crack at some of your enfields and maybe the Valmet Evil%20Smile if you still have the thing.

I might be able to borrow a mates 25-303 as well.

I am also seriously thinking of getting another shootin' iron for buy a gun day in november. I just dont know what to get. A No4, a M44 nagant (polish preferably) a CZ527 in 17 rem, or 204 ruger depending on what is in the country or a larger hunting rifle. Or a BRNO no 2. I love those BRNO number 2's, first rifle I ever shot.

*New thread started in off topic about buy a gun day and choices*

But the winters coming,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 12:24pm
Mate I reckon we'll have to arange that ! The Valmet I'm afraid had to go when I gave up my Pro Status ! But there's still many enfields & of course the 45-70 marlin & the 303-25 ! I reckon we could get onto a mob of Goats for you to have a go at plus a bit of Spotlighting .

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 12:50pm
What about a Catagory C primary producers licence?

I just looked it up, its either a 17 hour drive from Sydney to Quorn. Or a 2 hour flight from to Sydney to Adelaide, and then a 45 minute flight from Adelaide to Whyalla and then about 100km's drive to Quorn.

Decisions decisions
But the winters coming,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 6:37am
Dave, your neighbors sound pretty benign compared to mine.

I have moose, black bear, mountain lion, wolf packs, bobcat, fisher cat for my bad neighbors.

I'm routinely tracked by a bear, been charged by a moose, found mountain lion tracks on my property, woken up at night by the wolf chorus, and had the motion detector light tripped by a bobcat near the back door. The fisher cat I have seen tracks, and torn up porcupine (their favorite dinner).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic