Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reloading > Reloading 7.62 Enfield
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This might be of interest to britrifles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This might be of interest to britrifles
    Posted: July 28 2022 at 1:26pm
(PREFACE: All shots were @ 200 yards. The scope is a fixed power 24x44 BSA Platinum Target scope.)
 I got rained out this morning but I got enough information compiled using the 168grn Sierra TMK's. My first ten shot group @ 200 yards was done from the bench using a Caldwell tripod and rear sandbag. The group measured 1.452" 
The next ten shots were done @ 200 yards standing with sling. That grouped measured 2.350" I put ten more down range still in the standing position and the group opened up a bit and measured in at 2.773". I took the only NRA Official target I had available, the SR-1, stuck a red dot over the X, walked it out to the 200 yard mark, walked back, got back into the standing position, and started firing. That group was not officially measured but you can see from the target that all ten shots stayed within the ten ring.
These particular rounds had a C.O.L. of 2.830", loaded with 39.5grns of VihtaVuori N540, and primed with GM215M Federal primers. The C.O.L. was set to produce reliable feeding from the magazine...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 1:42pm
*Bump*
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 2:29pm
Why are you bumping after such a short time interval?
"Posted: Yesterday at 4:26pm"
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 3:41pm
Pardon my ignorance... what does bumping mean?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 4:54pm
To refresh the post to get britrifles attention?
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 6:07pm
Thanks. I looked the term up also. I'm so not hip on computer lingo!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2022 at 8:17pm
i am , but the need is not there - if his screen looks as mine does the post is highlighted till he looks at it , that said i think he might like to look in , 
Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2022 at 3:54am
World class shooting right there.
My buddy nearby who was an exhibition shooter at Remington Farms couldn't best that I'm not sure from standing.
Excellent shooting, you should start competing, or a marksmanship school.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2022 at 4:46am
Or a technical instructor at a sniper school, you`re wasting your talents....
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2022 at 5:44am
My daughter taped a 308 cartridge to my target and then said that she would buy lunch if I could hit it with one shot using my 243W.
I ordered a Lucky Boy 1/2lb International, Hot Dog,Fries and a Coke...
Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2022 at 6:00am
Last fall I took a Hog sniper deer hunting.
He deployed numerous times.
Because it was archery season, I set him in a stand and gave rudimentary tips for a crossbow just prior to the hunt.

I told him to wait for a buck for which he did.
At any rate, he arrowed one which myself and wife were able to observe from across the field.
When we retrieved the downed deer he told me that was the hardest shot he ever made.
And I shoot a thousand rounds of 300 win mag in very short intervals at Quantico regularly.
Anybody can make a lucky shot every once in a while.
Thank you he said, its why I do what I do and now I know why.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2022 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Doco Overboard Doco Overboard wrote:

Last fall I took a Hog sniper deer hunting.
He deployed numerous times.
Because it was archery season, I set him in a stand and gave rudimentary tips for a crossbow just prior to the hunt.

I told him to wait for a buck for which he did.
At any rate, he arrowed one which myself and wife were able to observe from across the field.
When we retrieved the downed deer he told me that was the hardest shot he ever made.
And I shoot a thousand rounds of 300 win mag in very short intervals at Quantico regularly.
Anybody can make a lucky shot every once in a while.
Thank you he said, its why I do what I do and now I know why.
I was set to be shipped out to parts unknown in the middle east until the Base Commander at Ft. Dodge found a glitch in my original recruitment forms. Long story short,  they choppered me back to my house in Bridgwater that sat in front of 800 acres of farmland. 18 weeks of specialized and intensive training down the sh*tter because of someone else's mistake. He was stripped of his rank from Lt. to Corporal...
Moosm14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2022 at 6:51am
Choppering you back has got to be the worst case of FUBAR I have heard to date.

Shooting like that definitely is worth a bump and assuredly more than one lunch - and bragging rights!
There is room for all of gods creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2022 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Moosm14 Moosm14 wrote:

Choppering you back has got to be the worst case of FUBAR I have heard to date.

Shooting like that definitely is worth a bump and assuredly more than one lunch - and bragging rights!
This is the rifle that made those shots Moosm14...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic